Was there, or is there a mod to get 2nd row bench to recline?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've searched and found a few threads on this, one discussed an expensive mod but it seems that doesn't exist at the moment.

I'm fine with a few $$ to make it work, overall not a deal-breaker but for long trips it would be nice. I understand the liability aspect so I don't want to take an angle grinder to the bracket and add notches for the handle.

I looked briefly, but didn't really tear into the inner workings, but could the parts from the 2nd row buckets be swapped into the bench to allow for the rearward reclining feature? The trim on the sides seem to match up, maybe the mechanism could fit as well.

Mine has the power folding feature so I assume I would need parts from the same type of buckets.

All input and criticism appreciated.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've searched and found a few threads on this, one discussed an expensive mod but it seems that doesn't exist at the moment.

I'm fine with a few $$ to make it work, overall not a deal-breaker but for long trips it would be nice. I understand the liability aspect so I don't want to take an angle grinder to the bracket and add notches for the handle.

I looked briefly, but didn't really tear into the inner workings, but could the parts from the 2nd row buckets be swapped into the bench to allow for the rearward reclining feature? The trim on the sides seem to match up, maybe the mechanism could fit as well.

Mine has the power folding feature so I assume I would need parts from the same type of buckets.

All input and criticism appreciated.

No updates? I hate how mine don’t recline
If memory serves, you have to look back at least 4-5 years on here. Someone made a kit to make the seats recline at some point.

Never understood why GM didn't do this for the 2nd and 3rd rows in these trucks when they did it in the minivans during the same period.