Was at dealer no upgrade for Tahoe rst performance parts if I Tune I heard it still stays incomputer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, rated range is like EPA fuel economy numbers...

That said, the car does a good job of giving the information needed to avoid running out (which I’ve never had happen). I drove one to Las Vegas once and it handled the heat with no issues. I will say, there are a ton of Teslas in California so I assume they work pretty well.

Anyway, range anxiety stops being a thing pretty quickly, IMO.

Even if the range was cut in half to ~200 miles, it would get most people where they’d need to be 95% of the time.

Even driving to the mountains is less than that from where I live.

Ricker6869

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Going on 4-5 years on my BlackBear Tune..Zero issues. The TCM tuning is night and day for those who dont have engine mods. Really makes the trucks go!

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going on 4-5 years on my BlackBear Tune..Zero issues. The TCM tuning is night and day for those who dont have engine mods. Really makes the trucks go!

Yup I've been using Blackbear for a number of modifications over the years. I just finished working with them to tune my new EForce TVS2300 supercharger. All the tunes have been fantastic and i've never had a single problem. I endorse them 100%. I agree though that besides the supercharger the most noticeable upgrade i've done so far was having blackbear tune the TCM. That drastically changed the personality of my tahoe.

cuco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yup I've been using Blackbear for a number of modifications over the years. I just finished working with them to tune my new EForce TVS2300 supercharger. All the tunes have been fantastic and i've never had a single problem. I endorse them 100%. I agree though that besides the supercharger the most noticeable upgrade i've done so far was having blackbear tune the TCM. That drastically changed the personality of my tahoe.

Hey Toomuchtxn, can you elaborate more on that supercharger? How much hp are throwing with that thing?

My Tahoe has full boltons; AFE intake, ported/polished TB, longtubes, custom 3” exhaust with borla and Trifecta ECU\TCM\DSC tune. I love every bit of this SUV and mostly run it with e85 on the tank. It drives like a sport sedan but maybe someday if I get the bug I’d like to put a SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Toomuchtxn, can you elaborate more on that supercharger? How much hp are throwing with that thing?

My Tahoe has full boltons; AFE intake, ported/polished TB, longtubes, custom 3” exhaust with borla and Trifecta ECU\TCM\DSC tune. I love every bit of this SUV and mostly run it with e85 on the tank. It drives like a sport sedan but maybe someday if I get the bug I’d like to put a SC.

Sorry not trying to hijack...

Your build mirrors mine. AFE intake (with the fender hole modification), Ported 87mm Throttle body, 6.2 intake manifold, (no headers yet), Corsa 3" exhaust, ECM\TCM. Loved it. However ive always measured this truck against my previous Range Rover Sport Supercharged. In the comfort and ergonomics this truck is far superior. However it always lacked that punch. So i decided to start slowly building a stroked 6.2. Of course I constantly would search ebay and craigslist for supercharger take off deals and just happened to find a new Edelbrock TVS2300 kit on ebay for a really good deal that would work well on my stroker build. The install was def more complicated than the normal Magnacharger TVS2300s which would lead me to NOT suggest this kit. However Ive helped a couple friends do Maggie TVS2300s and they were stupid simple.

I dont have any numbers yet because @blackbear just game me the go ahead to use above half throttle after checking the data logs. Having said that holy cow. It moves. Everything feels better across the entire powerband. I wasn't able to use the AFE with this kit so I bored out the OE filter box and have the high flow filter right now. This made it really quiet at low RPM but when i hammer it WOW it screams! Its also running stupid low boost. I think the OE pully is 6lbs on this kit. So its still got a lot of headroom to grow. If i wasn't doing the stroker i would have just gone with the TVS1900 for my 5.3 though. DEF worth the dollars.

cuco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry not trying to hijack...

Your build mirrors mine. AFE intake (with the fender hole modification), Ported 87mm Throttle body, 6.2 intake manifold, (no headers yet), Corsa 3" exhaust, ECM\TCM. Loved it. However ive always measured this truck against my previous Range Rover Sport Supercharged. In the comfort and ergonomics this truck is far superior. However it always lacked that punch. So i decided to start slowly building a stroked 6.2. Of course I constantly would search ebay and craigslist for supercharger take off deals and just happened to find a new Edelbrock TVS2300 kit on ebay for a really good deal that would work well on my stroker build. The install was def more complicated than the normal Magnacharger TVS2300s which would lead me to NOT suggest this kit. However Ive helped a couple friends do Maggie TVS2300s and they were stupid simple.

I dont have any numbers yet because @blackbear just game me the go ahead to use above half throttle after checking the data logs. Having said that holy cow. It moves. Everything feels better across the entire powerband. I wasn't able to use the AFE with this kit so I bored out the OE filter box and have the high flow filter right now. This made it really quiet at low RPM but when i hammer it WOW it screams! Its also running stupid low boost. I think the OE pully is 6lbs on this kit. So its still got a lot of headroom to grow. If i wasn't doing the stroker i would have just gone with the TVS1900 for my 5.3 though. DEF worth the dollars.

That’s awesome stuff there...you have just opened a whole new world of performance possibilities for me. Thanks for sharing

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you ever erase anything from a computer? Just wondering how others got around it, say if they broke down under warranty and it gets towed to the dealer. Aren’t they going to look pretty deep?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my previous Range Rover Sport Supercharged.

What year? I have a 2019 and am really enjoying it. The interior materials are insanely nice (I have the upgraded leather package for seats and dash). Not as big (obviously) an interior as the yukon but I find it incredibly comfortable (massage seats help).

Thread hijack. Sorry.

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year? I have a 2019 and am really enjoying it. The interior materials are insanely nice (I have the upgraded leather package for seats and dash). Not as big (obviously) an interior as the yukon but I find it incredibly comfortable (massage seats help).

Thread hijack. Sorry.

Yeah mine was a 2012. So basically a 2005 interior and electronics that they kept putting lipstick on. AMAZING drivetrain and powerplant though. I'm looking at SVRs though as I turn this Tahoe into more of a project truck.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Real world figures on my 6.2 are materially worse than sticker. It’s all about the driver.

Maybe they still turn heads where you are...Every market is different.
just get a tahoe hybird drivers will be distracted enough to plow into you.because they never seen it before.

it has that flat square front end vibe to it.
you cant get it with the normal model

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeskarS

Latest posts