Was at dealer no upgrade for Tahoe rst performance parts if I Tune I heard it still stays incomputer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I reckon most of the folks who own them are country club types and the Tesla is a status symbol and they drive something else when they really want to go somewhere.

Why’s that? Their range is up to 350 miles and at $70-110k they are hardly high end head turners...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find them strange looking and also the suv is a horrible looking looks like an egg on wheels.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont hear about their owners complaining about not having enough power though

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
370 now since you posted! But let's see the real world figures! They are head turners with all the hoopla surrounding them and their maker.

Real world figures on my 6.2 are materially worse than sticker. It’s all about the driver.

Maybe they still turn heads where you are...Every market is different.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s really odd how a thread about improving power in a RST Performance Tahoe turned into a Tesla bashing thread. I’ve really liked all three Tesla’s we’ve owned (we still have two of them). I also really liked our Suburbans and Yukon (again, still have a Suburban). They’re good at different things. The Teslas are unbelievably quick and fun to drive. They’re really efficient and convenient every day drivers. I’ve even taken them on road trips before and not had any problems. Our Suburban mostly functions as a ski vehicle because I have three kids and two dogs and I need the space for gear and the like. I also love the sound that 6.2 makes, especially with the Borla exhaust. That said, if it’s just me going skiing I drive my Model S; it performs beautifully in the snow and rain.

I don’t see it as inconsistent to like both. Anyway, I’m happy to answer questions about Teslas; I’ve had one since January 2013 so I’ve got a little experience.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s really odd how a thread about improving power in a RST Performance Tahoe turned into a Tesla bashing thread. I’ve really liked all three Tesla’s we’ve owned (we still have two of them). I also really liked our Suburbans and Yukon (again, still have a Suburban). They’re good at different things. The Teslas are unbelievably quick and fun to drive. They’re really efficient and convenient every day drivers. I’ve even taken them on road trips before and not had any problems. Our Suburban mostly functions as a ski vehicle because I have three kids and two dogs and I need the space for gear and the like. I also love the sound that 6.2 makes, especially with the Borla exhaust. That said, if it’s just me going skiing I drive my Model S; it performs beautifully in the snow and rain.

I don’t see it as inconsistent to like both. Anyway, I’m happy to answer questions about Teslas; I’ve had one since January 2013 so I’ve got a little experience.

Pffftttt you must be a snobby country club type that loves complete junk!

And something something ‘Manley hood’!!

;-)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd bet those Tesla wouldn't make it half the miles with my foot in it and the AC kicked up the 100+ deg weather in CA all that glass and electric motors and batteries have to make a ton of heat, those miles have to be pretty conservative

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pffftttt you must be a snobby country club type that loves complete junk!

And something something ‘Manley hood’!!

;-)

Haha! No CC membership here. I carry my clubs at the local muni course and bring my own beer!

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd bet those Tesla wouldn't make it half the miles with my foot in it and the AC kicked up the 100+ deg weather in CA all that glass and electric motors and batteries have to make a ton of heat, those miles have to be pretty conservative

Yeah, rated range is like EPA fuel economy numbers...

That said, the car does a good job of giving the information needed to avoid running out (which I’ve never had happen). I drove one to Las Vegas once and it handled the heat with no issues. I will say, there are a ton of Teslas in California so I assume they work pretty well.

Anyway, range anxiety stops being a thing pretty quickly, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401