Warranty service to replace interior trim piece - and they hosed it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last time I was in for a warranty service I said, "I hate to be that guy but this trim piece is bubbling up - can you guys glue it down?." They said they wanted me to be perfectly happy with the vehicle so they went ahead and ordered a new part (It is the stitched cover that goes around the front drink holders and extends up into the entertainment system).

So when I returned to get this part installed I asked the guy if they had an interior/trim expert tech working there and could they do the work. They said they had a number of tech that could do it. Fast forward I'm now the owner of a scratched metallic media center trim piece that sits adjacent to the new replaced trim piece. It is a small scratch but shows the tech used a screw driver or something. It is certainly not the only blemish on the car at this point due to normal wear and tear. What would you do? Move on?

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can prove that they scratched it, they should replace the piece that they scratched. Going to be hard to prove though.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can prove that they scratched it, they should replace the piece that they scratched. Going to be hard to prove though.

Try the management at the dealer, if that fails try GM, if that fails, then it is time to call the BBB.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
You should of brought it to the attention of the service manager at the time you picked it up. That's also known as pitching a fit. It may be too late now. good luck.

I have a special set of plastic trim tools to avoid damage to plastic trim, never use a metal screwdriver. Any competent tech should know this.

OP
OP
Burby

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should of brought it to the attention of the service manager at the time you picked it up. That's also known as pitching a fit. It may be too late now. good luck.

The scratch is on the passenger side so I didn't see it until I got home. Dealer said to come back out and they'll make it right.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The scratch is on the passenger side so I didn't see it until I got home. Dealer said to come back out and they'll make it right.
That’s all one can ask. Glad for a good resolution.

boal05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to the metallic trim, a nice scratch right under the nav screen which I noticed right away and brought it up to the service manager. When showing him, I also found a tear in the trim around the push button starter, so they right away said they'll order it and get them replaced. I found a scratch on the steering wheel a few days later when driving, but I don't think I'm going to worry about it, but might still point it out when I'm there for the other repairs in case they have a leather repair guy that could touch it up quick. what happened to techs that are careful when working on expensive vehicles!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14