Warranty issues? Experience with GM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sense some brand brainwashing, the "seat cushion" in the lowly Tahoe is the same part in the premium escalade, the only difference is the covering, if the leather makes it seem more comfortable that's fine but it's the same seat cushion underneath, the differences on the NNBS is about $10k in mostly trim along with some different options in engine size and transfer case 4x2, 4x4, awd. on the newer ksXX there getting even closer together drivetrain option wise with just the trim being the only viable difference.
this is why you can buy a part for your Tahoe and the same part will fit a escalade or suburban or Yukon and sometimes even a hummer
but they probably wont tell you that if you ask them, there are also some "unicorns" out there like Tahoe's with a 6.2l (same as the escalade) and the same reason why when you go to the parts store and they ask you is it a 5.3l? etc....the parts stores don't stock different parts for a Tahoe or a escalade it boils down to "fitment" it's a not a completely different part made just for "escalade" (with some exceptions noted above)
and if you buy a "oem" part is doesn't say "escalade or GM" it says AC DELCO (generally)

So does that also mean that parts for an Escalade will be very cheap, similar to Chevy? I’ve always wondered that. Or do they have a “Cadillac markup”? But sounds like you’re saying no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So does that also mean that parts for an Escalade will be very cheap, similar to Chevy? I’ve always wondered that. Or do they have a “Cadillac markup”? But sounds like you’re saying no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if you buy them from a Cadillac dealer sure they charge more, if you buy from a auto parts store no, online dealers such as rockauto are even cheaper for the exact same part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu