Warranty issues? Experience with GM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have your GMC worked on at a Cadillac dealer too?
One of my local Chevy dealers is my Cadillac dealer as well. But last year, Cadillac got its own service bay and I haven’t been to that dealer since then. I’m sure they wouldn’t want my Chevy or GMC in their new bay lol

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my local Chevy dealers is my Cadillac dealer as well. But last year, Cadillac got its own service bay and I haven’t been to that dealer since then. I’m sure they wouldn’t want my Chevy or GMC in their new bay lol

Yes, that’s what I was thinking. It’s probably ok to take a vehicle to a “lower level” GM dealer for repair, but not the other way around. But I’m not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, that’s what I was thinking. It’s probably ok to take a vehicle to a “lower level” GM dealer for repair, but not the other way around. But I’m not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
? lower level? there the exact same thing, just different trim
that $10,000 difference is mostly just plastic

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is from GMCs website:These repairs must be performed by an Authorized GMC dealer, except in an emergency situation when a covered part or a GMC dealer is not reasonably available to the vehicle owner. It's in your best interest to take your GMC vehicle to a GMC dealer for all repairs since they are the most knowledgeable about the particulars of your vehicle.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is from GMCs website:These repairs must be performed by an Authorized GMC dealer, except in an emergency situation when a covered part or a GMC dealer is not reasonably available to the vehicle owner. It's in your best interest to take your GMC vehicle to a GMC dealer for all repairs since they are the most knowledgeable about the particulars of your vehicle.

And what is the difference between a Sierra and Silverado or Tahoe and Yukon? No difference mechanically. I'm sure a Chevy dealer is an authorized GMC dealer and any other GM dealer!

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
? lower level? there the exact same thing, just different trim
that $10,000 difference is mostly just plastic
Not really, what you’re describing is basically any vehicle. The same could be said for describing a Mazda and a Mercedes.

This Cadillac service bay offers loaners for something as simple as an oil change. Not something they offer for chevy, or any chevy dealer I’ve ever been to. Not sure if it’s dealer specific or if it’s sometbig GM is trying to migrate towards for Cadillac considering Lincoln has reinvented their service experience.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cadillac is luxury and they offer their customers a higher standard of customer service. Same with my local Cadillac dealer. They've even driven us home and picked up the kids from school once when they were out of loaners. Car always came back washed and vacuumed, etc. too.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should be able to go to any dealer and get warranty work done, they get paid so they dont care where you bought it.

when the head gaskets blew on my 03 gmc 2500 hd it was towed to the closest dealer, a chevy, buick, caddy dealer.

most dealers around me are multi brand too. gmc dealerships tend to be stand alone set up, geared more to work trucks, with a few nice trucks tossed in the mix. my local gmc is also a isuzu dealer. waiting room is none existent, no loaner car or trucks either from this dealership.

i just had a recall done on my regal at a chevy dealer whos the states leading vette sales dealer. so they should take you anywhere.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really, what you’re describing is basically any vehicle. The same could be said for describing a Mazda and a Mercedes.

This Cadillac service bay offers loaners for something as simple as an oil change. Not something they offer for chevy, or any chevy dealer I’ve ever been to. Not sure if it’s dealer specific or if it’s sometbig GM is trying to migrate towards for Cadillac considering Lincoln has reinvented their service experience.
no, Mercedes and mazda are two different monsters, I can take 80% of a Escalade and slap it in my Denali, it's the same frame, same drivetrain, same doors, same rear hatch, same glass, same shocks/struts/brakes. etc that extra 10k is only trim: a front clip & interior basically- the dash, console and cluster.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, Mercedes and mazda are two different monsters, I can take 80% of a Escalade and slap it in my Denali, it's the same frame, same drivetrain, same doors, same rear hatch, same glass, same shocks/struts/brakes. etc that extra 10k is only trim: a front clip & interior basically- the dash, console and cluster.
I see what you’re doing, but you’re certainly downplaying the differences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14