Warranty DEDUCTIBLE?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kiboater

Reaction score
As a general rule the policies sold by the manufacturer are a better bet because the manufacturer wants you to buy one of their cars next time. The independent warranty companies are the ones who go belly up, if there are a lot of claims. Your next cars extended warranty will most likely be the one the dealer is pushing. They are all expensive but you want them to perform if you have a failure.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought two new Chevy pickups in te 1980's. The first one was with a 10 year, no mileage limit warranty. That was an '86. After I got hammered from behind at a light, the replacement was an '88 and the no mileage limit was gone. I'm betting GM got a bunch of trucks that companies bought and ran the daylights out of.

On the '88 I did buy the extended GM warranty. That was when I found out about "silent recalls". To be fair, Ford was worse about that back then than GM. I took the '88 in with coolant loss and my oil was getting filthy in just 500 miles. There was a $50 deductible then but when I went to pick the truck up, there was no charge. Had I fixed it myself or took it to a shop, it would have been out of pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne