Wanting opinion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once those things are done I may repaint my running boards
I'm curious - what are you going to use to paint them? They are a hard plastic right? You going to use an over the counter can of black matte or black flat paint or something?

Mine are looking a little dull. I may try some plastic renewal first and see if that brings them back. I'm hoping to avoid having to take them off the vehicle and I don't want to mask / tape / plastic to avoid spray on the doors.

OP
OP
Twood2006

Twood2006

Reaction score
I'm curious - what are you going to use to paint them? They are a hard plastic right? You going to use an over the counter can of black matte or black flat paint or something?

Mine are looking a little dull. I may try some plastic renewal first and see if that brings them back. I'm hoping to avoid having to take them off the vehicle and I don't want to mask / tape / plastic to avoid spray on the doors.
I painted them the other day after I got done painting some insurance jobs, I had a little down time before anything else was coming in the booth. But they turned out really good, I will send you a pic in the morning of how they turned out. It’s a can of black trim paint made by sims and it is absolutely amazing. We have been using this trim paint at the shop I am at for years now and have never had anyone come back with complaints about fading. I will say it’s rather expensive for a can of spray paint, but it is very much worth it and when used right it goes a long way. B6D7DB92-34C7-4978-B134-ED80E8C63303.jpeg

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! SEM makes good stuff.

Did you mask and spray with the boards on the vehicle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts