Want to add sub to 2021 Tahoe RST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

West1

Reaction score
Looking to add a single FI SSD v4 12” sub to stock radio on a saz1000 amp. Will not do big3, upgrade ALT or replace speakers/HU. Just add amp and sub to 9spkr Bose system.

what wiring harness and what conversion module do you guys recommend?

I asked a local sound shop and they said an L2 was needed. Unfortunately I can’t find any info on this so I’m not sure if they are trying to sell me something I don’t need.

tyvm

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

I cannot help you with your question, as I removed the entire Bose system and replaced it with an aftermarket system and custom sub enclosure. Other folks here have simply added a sub to an existing Bose system, and they will chime in.

Sinewave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to add a single FI SSD v4 12” sub to stock radio on a saz1000 amp. Will not do big3, upgrade ALT or replace speakers/HU. Just add amp and sub to 9spkr Bose system.

what wiring harness and what conversion module do you guys recommend?

I asked a local sound shop and they said an L2 was needed. Unfortunately I can’t find any info on this so I’m not sure if they are trying to sell me something I don’t need.

tyvm
I have a 2021 Tahoe Z71 and the Bose system has Noise cancelation mics, echo cancelation, chimes and full data signal to BOSE amp. You could tap the signal coming from the Bose amp with a LC2i but you are going to have a challenge with those other features causing your subs to pop and hum. Some shops will disconnect ANC mics and modules to get around these issues but honestly you are compromising your hands free calls and noise cancelation doing so. These is only one integration harness designed for our trucks currently, from NavTV (AVB-GM). It’s expensive but keeps the truck features intact and may be more involved than you want for just adding subs. If you want to learn more about what in these trucks watch this link.

Hope this helps.

Petty Levert

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Tahoe Z71 and the Bose system has Noise cancelation mics, echo cancelation, chimes and full data signal to BOSE amp. You could tap the signal coming from the Bose amp with a LC2i but you are going to have a challenge with those other features causing your subs to pop and hum. Some shops will disconnect ANC mics and modules to get around these issues but honestly you are compromising your hands free calls and noise cancelation doing so. These is only one integration harness designed for our trucks currently, from NavTV (AVB-GM). It’s expensive but keeps the truck features intact and may be more involved than you want for just adding subs. If you want to learn more about what in these trucks watch this link.

Hope this helps.
I have the same truck I'm waiting on the avb-gm2 for mine. Going entire system but I need factory to remain
The same and give me
Flat signal for amps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14