Want a fast Denali AWD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Hey fngh, is your Hayabusa the one that has an inch or so welded onto the frame to lengthen the wheelbase for better launches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trick with a stall converter is the tune.

Around town driving like a normal person you'd never know it has a converter in it. On the highway it locks up quick. If you put your foot into it, it will shit and get.

Last road trip I got 19.5mpg (was mixed highway & local roads)

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. And, there's always something satisfying about being able to outrun that ******* trying to jump the light to cut in front of you before their lane ends. That goes double when they're driving a fast car and have to suffer the humility of being beaten by a 6000 lb SUV.

There is a lot satisfying about that ! ha. unfortunately a lot of the add-on's to make that happen are above my pay grade, but they would sure be fun add-on's.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also for a note to the masses.

If you get larger injectors, you can't just slap them in and start the truck up. You need to have the tune scaled for the injectors or you'll just flood your cylinders with excess fuel and foul your plugs out.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also for a note to the masses.

If you get larger injectors, you can't just slap them in and start the truck up. You need to have the tune scaled for the injectors or you'll just flood your cylinders with excess fuel and foul your plugs out.

My 08 wouldn't even run after changing to the 49 lb. L96 injectors.

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 08 wouldn't even run after changing to the 49 lb. L96 injectors.
Did you retune the ECM to handle the new injectors. Did you go back to the std ones

Last edited:

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can spend tons of money on your vehicle to go faster than anyone else but at 5000 - 6000 lbs you are never going to be the fastest one out there. Build your vehicle to a level that is comfortable to you and enjoy it. Especially if it is your daily driver or something you have to depend on. You’ll enjoy it more and your wallet will too. Saying that I would love a supercharger on my Yukon too! But.....

Sorry but I don't agree with this statement... Ask me how I know lol

*My DD has ran an 11.78 qtr on a very heavy 22" wheel and 32" snow tire. That was on 93 octane before my CNC Brodix heads and E85 setup. Just sayin... I've got a daily driver that will run 10s on the street all day long.

Reaction score
There are many fast street cars out there, hell even many of the newer muscle cars that are coming out with 400+ hp can run 10's or quicker quite easily. A heavy vehicle can be fast, it just takes a lot more power and heavier duty parts if you want to be able to do it more than once or twice without breaking something...lol

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I don't agree with this statement... Ask me how I know lol

*My DD has ran an 11.78 qtr on a very heavy 22" wheel and 32" snow tire. That was on 93 octane before my CNC Brodix heads and E85 setup. Just sayin... I've got a daily driver that will run 10s on the street all day long.

I think you fit what he said. Build it to your own comfort level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs