Want a fast Denali AWD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW that guy has an awesome channel, he has since gone to a twin turbo setup that traps 150 in the 1/4 lol.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is true. But then again, this looks hilarious and awesome. Doesn't have to be the fastest, but if you put a blower on like this and launch in 4X4 basically no one will beat you on the street up to around 80 mph. I don't need to go much faster than that anyway lol.

I think once this vehicle is set aside as a spare vehicle, I may do this for fun.

Wow. And, there's always something satisfying about being able to outrun that ******* trying to jump the light to cut in front of you before their lane ends. That goes double when they're driving a fast car and have to suffer the humility of being beaten by a 6000 lb SUV.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is true. But then again, this looks hilarious and awesome. Doesn't have to be the fastest, but if you put a blower on like this and launch in 4X4 basically no one will beat you on the street up to around 80 mph. I don't need to go much faster than that anyway lol.

I think once this vehicle is set aside as a spare vehicle, I may do this for fun.

That’s like every stoplight for me. Kidding, I try not to. Beat a Subaru STi once. Whipple, 6.0 AWD 02 Denali, Vinci cam, Performabuilt trans, ARH longtubes, Wilwoods, BBP tuned, lowered 2/4 etc. It’s my daily and it’s a blast to drive. Sure it costs to play but wth. I always have lane choice lol.

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is your budget? How soon do you wanna start the mods? What are your horsepower needs?

Common mods

Cold air intake 5hp
Headers 20 hp
Exhaust 5 to 10hp
Tune up to 20hp
High flow cats/ cat delete
High flow heads 5 to 25hp
Cam up to 50 hp
Aftermarket intakes up to 25
Turbo/ SC up to 120 hp w a good tune

Hey neighbor , can you put high flow cats or cats delete in our neck of the wood and still pass inspection? I have already done the K&N Cold Air, Borla cat back, Diablo tune (main thing was AFM - off). I talked to one shop that said they put spacers in the O2 sensors to get it to pass but I am a little skeptical of that

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s like every stoplight for me. Kidding, I try not to. Beat a Subaru STi once. Whipple, 6.0 AWD 02 Denali, Vinci cam, Performabuilt trans, ARH longtubes, Wilwoods, BBP tuned, lowered 2/4 etc. It’s my daily and it’s a blast to drive. Sure it costs to play but wth. I always have lane choice lol.

Any vids? Sounds like stock block and rearend holds up well then?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any vids? Sounds like stock block and rearend holds up well then?
I don’t have any recent, here’s back right after the cam install. Stock block on an LQ4 is stout. I did put a girdle on the rear differential. I broke the output shaft on the trans but I was told by Performabuilt that was because I got RTV in the servo passages when doing a fluid & filter change which was bad for the hard parts because the servos weren’t releasing right. I need to get some recent vids up. I’m only running about 8-10 lbs of boost, I pulleyed down and did some data logging and the injectors were maxed at WOT so I removed it and settled for this since the next step involves a lot more work and at that point I figure I’ll be breaking more stuff. I want to keep it reliable.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Hey neighbor , can you put high flow cats or cats delete in our neck of the wood and still pass inspection? I have already done the K&N Cold Air, Borla cat back, Diablo tune (main thing was AFM - off). I talked to one shop that said they put spacers in the O2 sensors to get it to pass but I am a little skeptical of that

I had high flow cats, long tube headers, CAI and a custom tune on my 03 Silverdo SS 6.0 for years and it always passed the emissions. The rear O2 sensors were also turned off.

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have any recent, here’s back right after the cam install. Stock block on an LQ4 is stout. I did put a girdle on the rear differential. I broke the output shaft on the trans but I was told by Performabuilt that was because I got RTV in the servo passages when doing a fluid & filter change which was bad for the hard parts because the servos weren’t releasing right. I need to get some recent vids up. I’m only running about 8-10 lbs of boost, I pulleyed down and did some data logging and the injectors were maxed at WOT so I removed it and settled for this since the next step involves a lot more work and at that point I figure I’ll be breaking more stuff. I want to keep it reliable.

Sounds strong, its working good at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal