want 200 amps at Idle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didnt see anything about this so gonna go ahead and post up a thread...

Welcome to the Delphi AD-244
This alternator will produce 200amps-14+volts at IDLE, and hold it through the rev range according to our lil brothers over at S10forum.com

This link is talkin about upgrading from their lil 130amp alts, to the Ad-244. It also shows the voltage at diff amp draw.

First place I found new Ad244's and the big ass mofo 350AMP Monster!

It seems from what little I have looked into this the 244's came OEM on some of our GM vehicals, which ones is listed on a link at the S10 forum.. I didnt look to far into this yet..

If any of you guys look further into this please post up any info and links you think will be usefull.

Last edited:

Mathnerd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think this is the alternator that comes on the V8 trucks already.
The original post notes that the alt has shown 200A when cold but can sustain the rated capacity at idle when hot. It looks like a good option for the S10 crowd but I think GMT800's already have them.

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The original post notes that the alt has shown 200A when cold but can sustain the rated capacity at idle when hot. It looks like a good option for the S10 crowd but I think GMT800's already have them.

Yea that's a good post if you have a blazer/s10/jimmy etc... they come with 105 amp alts, and they swap for our ad244 130/145 amp alts. You can also get larger ones than that ofcourse.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is my understanding as well. KG3 should be the RPO code for the 14 amp alternator, and you could check your accessory belt to see that it is 93 inches. The smaller 92.3 inch belt is for the 105 amp alternator.

Ezdaar, you could upgrade the internals, or shop at any number of online vendors that sell it upgraded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent