Vortec 454/4L80e HD swapped 1999 Tahoe OBS

6.0 Carb Conversion or Stay EFI?

• Carb Conversion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, more issues arise! Transmission time... let’s hear everyone’s input!

Haven’t pulled the pan yet, but I only have 3rd gear. The other day it would start in 3rd, and when I stepped on the throttle it would downshift to 1st, then 2nd, and quick shift into 3rd. But then at times it acted normal. Started truck up on Saturday and it won’t come out of 3rd gear. So it starts in 3rd and drives in 3rd. Nothing changes when I manually shift. I have Reverse, as well. I have cleared the adaptive tables to try and take it out of possible limp mode, and that did nothing. Supposedly this transmission defaults to 2nd when in limp mode, but I am most definitely in 3rd.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, more issues arise! Transmission time... let’s hear everyone’s input!

Haven’t pulled the pan yet, but I only have 3rd gear. The other day it would start in 3rd, and when I stepped on the throttle it would downshift to 1st, then 2nd, and quick shift into 3rd. But then at times it acted normal. Started truck up on Saturday and it won’t come out of 3rd gear. So it starts in 3rd and drives in 3rd. Nothing changes when I manually shift. I have Reverse, as well. I have cleared the adaptive tables to try and take it out of possible limp mode, and that did nothing. Supposedly this transmission defaults to 2nd when in limp mode, but I am most definitely in 3rd.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
Dammit! Didn’t you just put that bish in?!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans