Voltage on demand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevinf89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys on my 2010 tahoe i had to replace a bad battery and ive noticed since then (4 days ago) when i start the tahoe voltage is at 15 then drops to 14.4 i understand its normal but i hasnt dropped below 14 volts i recall seeing it below 14 volts at times and back up like it should.
Also replaced ground wire with amp sensor on it to any reason why it wouldnt drop like its susposed to?

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys on my 2010 tahoe i had to replace a bad battery and ive noticed since then (4 days ago) when i start the tahoe voltage is at 15 then drops to 14.4 i understand its normal but i hasnt dropped below 14 volts i recall seeing it below 14 volts at times and back up like it should.
Also replaced ground wire with amp sensor on it to any reason why it wouldnt drop like its susposed to?
What the ampmeter indicating vs voltage?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's normal with a good fresh battery, over time you will see it start to move a little more.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^x2^^ Normal operation, designed to not overcharge the battery, when it has reached full charge, and other accessories are not drawing a large amperage load.

Joe Butcher

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have seen this before. One reason is that batteries sit on a shelf too long and actually need a good charge before they are sold. The other thing I have noticed is you may have purchased a AGM (glass mat battery). They like a special charging rate,some vehicles have a setting that can be toggled AGM- or standard. Other than that I say all is well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505