Voltage drops when using turn signals...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
I have a Delphi 140 amp alternator and 0 gauge ground wire and battery wiring. However, I'm noticing that when I my turn signals are on, the voltmeter ticks up and down at the exact pace of the signal tick. Any ideas?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
possibly a bad ground or grounds I would check your bulb connectors & harness front & rear (clean them), how old is the battery? this could also be a sign of a weak battery

OP
OP
lowpost99

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
I would agree. I'm currently using a post up on the firewall near the ground for the overhead hood lamp. I see GND printed on the alternator mount but I'm not sure this refers to "ground here" , There are two screws holding a piece of plastic under it. Is this a good ground? Any other suggested locations?

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
I would agree. I'm currently using a post up on the firewall near the ground for the overhead hood lamp. I see GND printed on the alternator mount but I'm not sure this refers to "ground here" , There are two screws holding a piece of plastic under it. Is this a good ground? Any other suggested locations?
That grounding tab is for jumper cables