Volant Cold Air?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of recommendations for this intake, and I'm really leaning towards it, so that I can see out water, in case I put the Z71 in some mud.

Now, the problem here, is they make two for the same vehicle, my 96, and they both look similar. One is just a square box, one is molded to fit the fender. This seems like a bit of a waste to me, that would possible create more air turbulance. The cheap one is PN 15957:

3039a.jpg

The more expensive one is PN 150576:

2722a.jpg

There's like a $30 difference between the two. The top one looks better for air flow to me. What is the reason for difference in price? Are you just paying for the extra plastic?

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The second image doesn't look like it has the MAF sensor. Maybe it's just a stock image, not indicative of the actual product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Back N Black

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're absolutely correct. I overlooked that. Looks like it would go right after the Volant reducer, and before the hose that attaches to the piece going to the TB. Like you said, could be a stock image, or maybe just a mock-up, since it doesn't have to be functional.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a volant and liked it. It was on a 97 suburban. I have a K&N on a 97 tahoe and I think the volant was a cleaner look. Both worked well.

OP
OP
Back N Black

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Volant looks great. I just really need to change out my filter system before I take it mudding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518