VLOM (valley cover)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a strong oil leak and will be digging into it tomorrow to see if i can pinpoint it. Been waiting for it to get bad enough thta I can find it LOL. Appreciate the VLOM info could be there /could be the oil sending unit / could be the cam sensor gasket / could be the rear main seal (that would be a bummer) / could be valve cover gaskets / could be something else.

MHiniker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
VLOM Question is the final parts question I have for my '12 Chevy Tahoe LT lifter replacement. I have all parts, but VLOM, found at the best places.

In reference to the VLOM,
there is the Dorman one linked above for $214, RockAuto has the same for $169. RockAuto has a Standard Motor Products for $186. I've seen GM Genuine for $330. Just looking for general opinion or reference on different brands/vendors.

Bicos 12571609 Valve Lifter Oil Manifold Compatible with Cadillac Escalade Chevy Avalanche Express Silverado Suburban Tahoe Trailblazer GMC Envoy Savana Sierra Yukon Hummer H3 Replacement# 917-162 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FSTTXN...abc_JJVT54QB8SPT0Z7BG3DA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Indy1K

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe, 5.3 with 238k on it. Here is an interesting issue. I had an oil pressure sensor fail completely. Tried changing the sensor but no luck. Plus VLOM was weeping in the back.
Ordered a new Dorman VLOM #917162XD and a Dorman sensor and screen on Amazon. Pulled the intake to replace the VLOM and sensor. No problems, replaced intake gaskets, VLOM and sensor. VLOM had new scree in it. Now 2 new issues. oil pressure at running temp idle is about 15psi and driving is 20-25psi depending on rpms 1500 to 2000. running Castrol High mileage synthetic 5W-30 per spec. Also, the Tahoe wont go into 4 cyl mode as it did before. Truck seems to run fine. no error codes, temp is normal, no ticking in engine. I am thinking I have some bad parts here.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe, 5.3 with 238k on it. Here is an interesting issue. I had an oil pressure sensor fail completely. Tried changing the sensor but no luck. Plus VLOM was weeping in the back.
Ordered a new Dorman VLOM #917162XD and a Dorman sensor and screen on Amazon. Pulled the intake to replace the VLOM and sensor. No problems, replaced intake gaskets, VLOM and sensor. VLOM had new scree in it. Now 2 new issues. oil pressure at running temp idle is about 15psi and driving is 20-25psi depending on rpms 1500 to 2000. running Castrol High mileage synthetic 5W-30 per spec. Also, the Tahoe wont go into 4 cyl mode as it did before. Truck seems to run fine. no error codes, temp is normal, no ticking in engine. I am thinking I have some bad parts here.

might wanna ask under the engine section of this forum. a lot more people will see it. this is for the hybrid version. not a lot of them left around, so not much traffic.

you'll some replies there. just start a fresh thread if you haven't already

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts