Vibration issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive a 2013 PPV. Still trying to figure out why my truck starts to shake at the wheel when i get around the 75-80mph mark. Wheels are brand new and not bent, tires are brand new, been road balanced a few times, truck had a negative camber when i went down from 24s to 22s. Got a new alignment and its still slightly negative. Truck is lowered as well. Should i look at replacing the tie rod ends, front upper and lower control arms?

camaroz2887

Reaction score
Have you been experiencing this since you got it? I’m assuming it’s up front if considering tie rods and control arms. Have you confirmed with a rotation that the vibration stays in the front and doesn’t move with the tires. Tried getting under there with a pry bar on suspension parts? Tried the wiggle test at 12 and 6/ 3 and 9? Have you/ your tire shop checked for out of round tires?

Have you done ANY diagnosis on your own at all or just driving observations?

Should I keep going?

Edit: No intention to sound condescending even though it might sound like it

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kee Fuller

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been to discount tire about 3 times. It’s not the tires, we’ve done every diagnostic on them, so that’s is ruled out.

The first set of PPV wheels and tires i had the issue, dealership said they were bent, so i got another set and still had those issues, tires were nexen, had them swapped out for another set of nexens, same issues, thought it was just a rough ride since it’s a cop truck. Jumped up to 24s same tire brand, same tire style, same issue. Went down to 22s went with Pirellis cause I’m thinking the nexen are junk. Still have the same issue.

When i got the truck lowered on 24s last year, i asked about the control arms and tire rod ends and they said they are okay. But i figured since it was a cop truck and they probably ran it into the dirt, they might be going bad

camaroz2887

Reaction score
Hmm I’d like to agree on suspension and it very well may be but it sounds like an imbalance somewhere but maybe not the tires or rims.

Is the road force balance done with the tires still on the vehicle? If so than I’d agree suspension. If they are taken off the vehicle similar to a normal balancer than your problem may be with other rotating parts.

Maybe try inspecting rotors, cvs, and driveshaft. An imbalance in these parts could create similar issues, albeit I’ve yet to deal with an out of balance driveshaft so idk how that would feel.

Reaction score
Since you've had 2 or 3 different sets of tire/wheel combos and it did it with all of them, I'd guess it's not a wheel or tire problem, lol.

That would be my next guess, rotors, front axles, or driveshaft

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would check all suspension all rubber bushings, ball joints, inner and outter tie rod ends, if it moves it can vibrate. Is it front or back. Maybe have someone in the back seats with open or closed windows and listen.