Vibration in driver's door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshs2000ss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I noticed last night that on songs with stronger bass, there is something that rattles inside the driver's door. If I press my leg firmly against the door, the vibration will stop. Has anyone had any experience with this? I thought I'd ask before I go trying to take the door panel off and figure out what the cause of the vibration might be.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happened to me last night listening to Elvis Radio..I am thinking it was something I put in the compartment in the bottom of the door causing it..Will check that later.

OP
OP
joshs2000ss

joshs2000ss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Happened to me last night listening to Elvis Radio..I am thinking it was something I put in the compartment in the bottom of the door causing it..Will check that later.

I thought that too, but there is nothing in the compartment, bottom or top.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a nut on the window regulator arm that is notorious for coming loose. ive gone in twice after it, second time i used locktite.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how easy is it to pull and get into door panel? I hate removing panels knowing that it may never be the same when re installing. Our window switch panel creeks and seems loose and drives me nuts.

bp805

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 2015 Yukon SLT. Music seems to make it vibrate, and pressure near the door handle makes it stop, for the most part. I am considering taking it to the dealership to have them look into it, but would be good to know if it is an easy fix on my own instead....

OP
OP
joshs2000ss

joshs2000ss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it's a plastic rattle sound it seems like to me. like a wire against the door but I'm not really sure. I haven't been able to pinpoint it yet but I'm going to take a closer look this evening to see if I can narrow it down. I doubt I'd be able to replicate it if I remove the door panel so I'm just going to check to see if everything is tight.

Is there a guide on removing the door panels? Where the screws are, and clip points, etc...?

AMWWORKS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 2015 Yukon SLT. Music seems to make it vibrate, and pressure near the door handle makes it stop, for the most part. I am considering taking it to the dealership to have them look into it, but would be good to know if it is an easy fix on my own instead....

I ended up taking mine to the dealer. They told me that my entire door panel was loose. It didn't have all of the clips attached from the factory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24