Vette servo problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you messed up a teflon ring on the servo..i did the same thing and didnt have 2nd..pull it back out and make sure those split rings are on there good..simple fix

That could mean the pressure is lost correct? If the pressure is lost then that might explain slippage and no shift.

OP
OP
2000Yukon

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just reinstalled it and i think the trannys ******, and I don't have the money to have it rebuilt. FML

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just reinstalled it and i think the trannys ******, and I don't have the money to have it rebuilt. FML

Damn. That sucks, that's the 3rd one on this board that I can remember who had a tranny fail becuase of a servo install.

I found something that might be worth looking into:
"Have you checked - replaced the check ball capsule in the servo area?"

"Also, some people take the checkball capsule out of the case, this is located in the servo area, if you did this it must be plugged off as this will cause a massive leak in that circut."

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/4l60e-problem-131056.html

B

OP
OP
2000Yukon

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn. That sucks, that's the 3rd one on this board that I can remember who had a tranny fail becuase of a servo install.

I found something that might be worth looking into:
"Have you checked - replaced the check ball capsule in the servo area?"

"Also, some people take the checkball capsule out of the case, this is located in the servo area, if you did this it must be plugged off as this will cause a massive leak in that circut."

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/4l60e-problem-131056.html

B
Thanks for all the help. I'm gonna have a friends dad that has an automotive repair shop look at it also.

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a tip, if it shifts from 1-3, technically 4th should work. I had the exact same problem and turned out the 3rd gear apply piston was installed backwards. As soon as I fixed it the tranny shifted fine and my miss-fire codes all stopped.

OP
OP
2000Yukon

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I took it to a tranny shop and I forgot to put the overdrive plate on the servo. Man I feel like a dumb ass.

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old thread, I know. But which one is the overdrive plate? The outermost one for 4th gear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh