Vetronix GM Tech2 Diagnostic Scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Between the weather and the holidays, I feel conspired against in moving this project forward. Right now I am trying to determine if it is worth it to remove the transmission myself and have it rebuilt, or have a shop do the whole shebang. And I still have a front passenger airbag code to resolve, an evap system code to resolve (Large Leak), a rear heat/AC issue to resolve (it is, for sure, not the blower or the resistor -- I tested both on my other 2005), and I'm not sure if the TPMS is cleared or will come back soon or not.

For even more fun, I discovered I have a an oil leak at the front of the engine. Just on a quick glance, I suspect it is leaking at the oil pump, but I haven't dug around yet. It is the least of my worries, LOL.

I'm not going to take a bath on this one like I did with my other daughter's Sierra, but this stuff adds up -- in frustration if nothing else.

I really appreciate everyone's help, though.

I wish I were more local to you / you were more local to me. If nothing else, I could buy you beers while I whined. :cool:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your large leak is a P0455?

Some typical causes:
1. gas cap not sealing
2. canister vent valve malfunction (this is the one near the back of the fuel tank)
3. purge valve (on engine)
4. fuel tank pressure sensor
5. leak in fuel filler tube
There are other causes, like a rotted out fuel pump, but those are a lot less common than the above.

Wells also has a good video on how the system works and doing a purge and seal test (you can do that with your Tech 2)

OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your large leak is a P0455?

Some typical causes:
1. gas cap not sealing
2. canister vent valve malfunction (this is the one near the back of the fuel tank)
3. purge valve (on engine)
4. fuel tank pressure sensor
5. leak in fuel filler tube
There are other causes, like a rotted out fuel pump, but those are a lot less common than the above.

Wells also has a good video on how the system works and doing a purge and seal test (you can do that with your Tech 2)

Thanks! I'm trying to figure my Vetronix out so I can perform some of the tests to determine where my issue lies. My concern is that it hesitates when starting, which was a similar symptom to my Sierra just before I had to replace it's fuel pump.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm trying to figure my Vetronix out so I can perform some of the tests to determine where my issue lies. My concern is that it hesitates when starting, which was a similar symptom to my Sierra just before I had to replace it's fuel pump.
Stereotypical symptom of a fuel pump getting ready to die. I had a Sierra that did that for around 1.5yrs before the pump finally died.....on the way home from work....with a full tank of gas. That was fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345