VERY pleased with $50 Amazon CAI on my 01 Suburban !!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the comment regarding junk filters is probably based more on what i hear about most no name cheap cone filters. they are over oiled the mesh comes apart or it filters about as good as chicken coop wire. a spectre from local autoparts store is a better option. a pro dry would also be a good option.

The one I got with the kit is pretty solid and was NOT pre-oiled ?? It came "Dry"

K&N and sprectra's cone filters are only extra $30 on Amazon

Dave

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the replacement filter spectre or another that you guys recomend replacing the one that comes with this kit with.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the replacement filter spectre or another that you guys recomend replacing the one that comes with this kit with.
I would need to know the diameter of the tube. Spectre has a chart that you can match up sizes of that along with overall length etc on their universal replacement filters. Go here and match up what you want, get the p/n and then go to Amazon or EBay or wherever and look for the best price. Flange inside diameter needs to match the OD of the tube and height is the overall length. https://www.spectreperformance.com/search/universal/conical-air-filter/viewall

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
advance auto parts spectre air filter
non fitted parts filter
they have a couple different versions length and color. spectre filters come with a spacer ring
9732 is the part number on thier website that appears to be th same length and color as yours. it is an oiled type comes pre oiled. remove it from its bag and leave it sitting out for 24hrs before you install it.
if you can give me the tube diameter ill find you a reasonably priced dry filter. spectre is the only one that fits multiple sizes that im aware of.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There really isn't much power to be gained here just sound. Looks good though

OP
OP
B

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There really isn't much power to be gained here just sound. Looks good though

Have to disagree. Acceleration and throttle response has GREATLY improved with this CAI kit on both my '08 Silverado 4.8 and 01 Suburban 5.3. Gonna order it for my Esky also

The throttle "Sound" is much noticeable in my Suburban. I LOVE IT !!

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727