Vehicles with an open recall.... can you sell?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My current vehicle has an open recall with FCA that has no repair parts available for the forseable future ...

Does it stand to reason that you could not trade this vehicle in at any certain NON FCA dealer without the recall being solved or sell it to CarMax or Carvana etc?

Kinda puts me in a hamstring if I find a vehicle I want to buy and they won't take the one I have as is...
I'm sure a FCA dealer would take it, but I don't want to buy FCA again....

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a new recall you need to look at:
  • GM Recall #:
  • N212328790
  • NHTSA #
  • 21V053
  • Date Issued:
  • Feb 05, 2021
Recall Title:

Front Passenger Airbag Takata Inflator - Priority Group 9

Recall Description:

TK Holdings Inc. (“Takata”) has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in the passenger-side frontal airbag inflators installed as original equipment in certain 2007 to 2014 model year Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, and Escalade EXT vehicles; certain Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado 1500, Silverado 2500/3500, Suburban, and Tahoe vehicles; and certain GMC Sierra 1500, Sierra 2500/3500, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles. The determination was made that the propellant in these inflators may degrade after long-term exposure to high humidity and temperature cycling, which could cause the inflator to rupture during a deployment.

OP
OP
Stbentoak

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I have read on other forums that in some limited cases somebody told someone “We can’t take your vehicle unless it’s up to date on its recalls”...
Just wanted to see if that had any validity....

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thank you, I have read on other forums that in some limited cases somebody told someone “We can’t take your vehicle unless it’s up to date on its recalls”...
Just wanted to see if that had any validity....

Typically the "WE" part of that means a dealer or car lot and they use that as a way to negotiate a lower price.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased my truck with an open recall on my air bag. I did not buy it from a dealer, but I did buy it from a licensed reseller. I still have not fixed the air bag issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low