Vehicle Shipping Companies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last time I shipped (or rather tried to) a vehicle is I found out a lot of these "shippers" are just fronts, they take your request then farm out the job to the haulers so you have no idea who the driver actually is. Dude never showed up in my case and I had to rent a trailer and do it myself.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last time I shipped (or rather tried to) a vehicle is I found out a lot of these "shippers" are just fronts, they take your request then farm out the job to the haulers so you have no idea who the driver actually is. Dude never showed up in my case and I had to rent a trailer and do it myself.

I work in logistics and most loads are brokered. I'd stay with a company that does show cars. Especially for a fairly new and expensive vehicle. I've heard of Roadrunner and others but can't think of the names off hand.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is a fact. Most of these places have flashy and professional looking websites that quote you a price then find the cheapest guy that will do the job, the guy could be a pro or the 1st time he ever drove a dually with a load. Get some 1st hand 2nd opinions and look for reviews in many different areas.
Just a side note: If you post a negative post on say, google reviews, many times that company will contact you directly and offer you your money back IF you take down the review. THATS HOW REVIEWS OFTEN GET SKEWED TO ALL POSITIVE.....

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep unless it's local carrier the job goes up online just like on TV, a lot of shipping is tricky at best I know a place that "claims" they ship via truck but the reality is it goes on a truck then it's loaded to a train and then back to a truck for delivery. they charge like it was trucked and make a profit.

OP
OP
MelloYello95

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is what I'm worried about. Almost all the companies I have contacted are brokers. Have a found a few that own and operate but they want 3k+ to transport this Yukon.

509Yukon

Reaction score
I had a hell of a time getting a Yukon shipped from Massachusetts to Washington state. I wanted it covered and in vehicle shipping they use the term "lanes" a lot. The problem I had was starting way up north, cross country, then north again...I waited two months.

As others have said you need to be aware most shipping companies broker out your transportation. There are some very good independent drivers out there and others who will mess up your vehicle, you never know what you will get with a brokered load.

As far as national carriers go some of the best rated include Reliable and Intercity Lines, they are very reputable. If I was to go brokered I would look into the Bring a Trailer auction site of classic cars, they offer a shipping option. BaT will arrange shipping like a broker but are very picky on the carriers they use and will boot those that don't perform off the list. Check out bringatrailer.com for their shipping options.

The carriers are all slammed, the Bring a Trailer option might be the quickest with likely good results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan