VCX Nano license expired-how to renew?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fired up the VXDIAG Tech2Win today and was greeted with an expired license. I understand that my license expired at the end of 2020. I also understand that all VCX Nano licenses expired at that same time.

I found a link to a new VX Manager download, but mine still won't renew/update.
This is that link : http://blog.vxdiagshop.com/2020/12/10/vxdiag-device-need-to-renew-license-solution/

Has anyone else had this problem and, more importantly, has anyone else not used their T2W since the new year?

You all might want to test if your license is still valid.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine setup a little different, but should be a similar situation. I run a linux laptop with WINE, and the no wi-fi NANO. I had to update using laptop internet connection. So I suspect It is a wifi issue, might be a Time delay- too hi. Moving truck, router, or connect by plugging phone or router into laptop. A speedtest.net run will show the time delay. Good luck and keep us updated.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I just got one last week and it told me the license is only good for a month. That coupled with the tech2win software crashing during operations, I think it's going back.

I've got a few weeks left on amazon return window. Curious to see how this plays out.

OP
OP
NoReverseYukon

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will try the update/new license via ethernet.
Maybe @Doubeleive or someone else who knows their way around this program will chime in to help out and to see if they were successful in renewing their license.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so download the new vxdiag update from mega from here (link is on page)
http://blog.vxdiagshop.com/2020/12/10/vxdiag-device-need-to-renew-license-solution/
delete your old vxdiag manager
install the new vxdiag manager
run the vxdiag manager and connect the vxdiag and ignore any license message and go to update firmware, update the firmware even if it is the same (current) version number
after you update the firmware then renew the license and it will be good till 2030 although it appears you may have to update every 60 days, time will tell

OP
OP
NoReverseYukon

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in business !
Firmware upgraded to 1.8.4.0 and then the license updated automatically.

What was odd, though, was when I first installed the new VX Manager (yesterday) the firmware showed 1.6.6.0 as the newest version.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my tech2win wasn't working as well so I had re-install tech2win and then update the vxdiag license again and it started working like normal

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in business !
Firmware upgraded to 1.8.4.0 and then the license updated automatically.

What was odd, though, was when I first installed the new VX Manager (yesterday) the firmware showed 1.6.6.0 as the newest version.
mine had 1.8.4.0 already but when I re-flashed it then the license started working

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firstcaddy