Valvoline Maxlife Multi-vehicle Full Synthetic Trans Fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Has anyone used this Multi-vehicle type trans fluid? It says it's compatible with Dexron VI, Mercon LV, Dex/Merc

. Screenshot_20220401-171452_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is super cheap... It has gone up quite a bit in my area if it's even avail
I've been using it for year for several types of vehicles... It's compatible with
a bunch of diff transmissions. It's full synthetic and meets the Dex VI spec,
so it works great. ANY brand is fine for our GM's as long as it meet/says
GM DexVI and is synthetic

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used this Multi-vehicle type trans fluid? It says it's compatible with Dexron VI, Mercon LV, Dex/Merc

. View attachment 366945
I’ve used it in a ZF 5HP24 in a BMW 740iL because it was what BMW recommended, but not in one of these. It’s good fluid, but I’m not a fan of multi spec fluids. There are always compromises made in the formulation.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve used it in a ZF 5HP24 in a BMW 740iL because it was what BMW recommended, but not in one of these. It’s good fluid, but I’m not a fan of multi spec fluids. There are always compromises made in the formulation.
IIRC Mercon LV and Dexron VI are the same formula, just called different names by the auto manufacturer, but I might be wrong.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC Mercon LV and Dexron VI are the same formula, just called different names by the auto manufacturer, but I might be wrong.
Ah, then that's an important detail that might render my comment obsolete.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, then that's an important detail that might render my comment obsolete.
Does that 10-speed they both share use the same fluid?

We use that Valvoline fluid in the Kia and Montana, no problems at all with it. Kia Forums highly recommended it for those little cars. I have only run ACDelco Dexron VI in the trucks.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
I was gonna use it to change out the trans fluid in the wife's Acadia. The fluid in it looks a little dirty and I haven't seen any maintenance records of it being changed, altho there is a record of the rear differential fluid being changed, lol.

It only holds about 9 quarts total and has a drain plug. It also has the tow package with the auxillary trans cooler so I can disconnect the line and do the pump some old/refill/repeat till clean fluid comes out procedure.

It also calls for Dex VI for the power steering fluid, but 75w90 gear oil for the transfer case and rear differential.