Value? 96 Tahoe Two door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IH8ZOMBIES

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's been a while since I was an adjuster but I assume it's the same basic process still. The insurance company will use a company like CCC One to get a value for your vehicle based on sales of comparable vehicles in your area. They try to get as many comps as possible but with a rarer vehicle it's harder. I sent that report to all of my claimants so they could see how the value was determined and they could argue the value. I would tell them to go on autotrader, cars.com, kbb, etc to look for recent sales and current listings and send them to me and I would change the value if necessary. Most of the time they got a few hundred or maybe a thousand more (every penny helps, right) but you never know, one guy got way more money because CCC's data was skewed. You can always keep the totalled rig, they will just subtract the auction value from your settlement.

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post where you are from and we can help you find a new one when ready. Here is a sweet 99 in Florida. https://orlando.craigslist.org/ctd/d/longwood-1999-chevrolet-tahoe-lt/7481985366.html
Would also need a price range. They are out there in a wide range of prices. Would a Yukon satisfy you as well? The value of these has gone way up if you want to replace yours with a 2 door. Would you consider a 4 door?
Wow! I didn’t know they were up in price so much. I am always worried that my 97 GT would only fetch $1500 from an insurance company.

On a side note, is there any documentation such as receipts or pictures that can help a claimant in these circumstances? I don’t think you can declare a value when you insure anymore?

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any pics or receipts could help. Certainly won't hurt. And sorry, I didn't realize it was a Yukon. Keep us posted on the happenings with your claim. I am sure we are all interested to see how it plays out.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any pics or receipts could help. Certainly won't hurt. And sorry, I didn't realize it was a Yukon. Keep us posted on the happenings with your claim. I am sure we are all interested to see how it plays out.
No, OP’s is a 96 Tahoe, mine is a 97 Yukon. I’m just trying to get my ducks in a row to qualify for collector plates, and want to make sure my insurance and documents reflect the value of the truck. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

alsbirdie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Arizona and here is a couple of pictures of it before .. sigh.. I have every receipt of every bit of work done on it. I was down to the cosmetic part, just paint the body was clean, and a headliner. I am not sure what they will give me, and I am not sure of anything at this point . No, I spent a year looking for this two door, a four door is not the same, and I drove this for ten years. I loved the body style of the two doors when they first came out, and vowed I would have one someday. It did not disappoint . I have seen the prices lately, just saw a two door 96 sell for 16k on ebay with 200k miles mine had 245k . waiting on insurance. Armed with all paperwork I can find just in case. 96 tahoe two door.jpg96 2 door tahoe.jpg

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arizona and here is a couple of pictures of it before .. sigh.. I have every receipt of every bit of work done on it. I was down to the cosmetic part, just paint the body was clean, and a headliner. I am not sure what they will give me, and I am not sure of anything at this point . No, I spent a year looking for this two door, a four door is not the same, and I drove this for ten years. I loved the body style of the two doors when they first came out, and vowed I would have one someday. It did not disappoint . I have seen the prices lately, just saw a two door 96 sell for 16k on ebay with 200k miles mine had 245k . waiting on insurance. Armed with all paperwork I can find just in case. View attachment 372216View attachment 372215
Oh man! Nice truck. I hope all works out for you.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a side note, is there any documentation such as receipts or pictures that can help a claimant in these circumstances? I don’t think you can declare a value when you insure anymore?

You’d want an “agreed value” with your insurance versus a “stated value” policy. The former is where you and the insurance agree to the value usually based on an appraisal.

The latter is where you state a value (not necessarily having to provide any supporting documentation) which they use to set your premium. In the event of a loss, they’ll have the option to reimburse either your stated value or actual cash value, whichever is less. You can guess how that goes.

I’m looking into it myself, mainly as a result of reading this thread.

OP
OP
A

alsbirdie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes everyone should look at their insurance closely. Because all they want to give me is 5900 and that wont buy anything . so forewarned if anyone else has an older Tahoe or whatever please make sure you get insurance for what it is worth. and My insurance does not care that they are at an all time high for sales. So ends the story of my beloved Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14