Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes mine has the screen
Thanks, I might just order the part and put the screen in so I don't have to take the dash apart.

Visited the Valiant Air Command museum in Titusville, Florida the other day, 230 mile round trip or so, averaged 18.4 mpg on 93 at 71 mph. Lots of torrential rain on the way back.

Awesome place, great representation of aircraft including a couple of MIGs. While I was looking at a Mig-15 and an F-86 Sabre, another Sabre flew over the airfield! That was cool. Many of the aircraft are in flying condition. It's a weird thing, seeing many of those birds brought tears to my eyes, don't know why but they did.

If you love military aviation and you're nearby with a couple hours to spare, go!

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just installed the recirc actuator. That was a pain in the wrist…..my left arm feels like it went hands on with an angry feral cat.
Did it through the glove box. Funny thing it still steps when it goes to recirc ?

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just installed the recirc actuator. That was a pain in the wrist…..my left arm feels like it went hands on with an angry feral cat.
Did it through the glove box. Funny thing it still steps when it goes to recirc ?
I did it through the airbag hole, much easier on hands and back! Still waiting for the other one to arrive and will take a reading and video.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bracket and bolts over the battery is starting to rust. The Hood's rear weatherstrip must've shrunk at least 4 inches and needs replacing. It's been discontinued (15200240) and it does not appear that the aftermarket makes them yet. RockAuto seems to sell the material by the foot but there are so many choices it's confusing to me. The Sierra runs a different part number.

@iamdub

Chris, I remember you replacing yours, was it aftermarket or from one of your junkyard strolls?

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, just replaced the passenger side temperature actuator and took a video of the recirculate door in operation for you. It operates smoothly in normal operation and moved in steps when controlled by the Tech-2.

For those that come along later looking to replace an actuator:

It's an easy job with the right tools. Use a 10mm wrench to disconnect the negative cable on your battery. Then use a trim tool to remove the trim panel above the radio stack, it is one long piece, so be gentle and don't bend it under the AC vents! Once loose, flip upside down and disconnect the DIC connector and put it on the rear bumper. Now take a 7mm socket and remove the screw holding the right AC vent in place, there is one clip on this piece, use your trim tool to release it. Plop it over on the driver's seat.

Take a 10mm socket and a long extension and remove the 4 bolts securing the passenger side airbag. Now take your pry tool and gently pop loose the tabs on the airbag's sides first and then the portion in front of you and then gently lift it up and set it down askew on the dash. Pull the orange keeper out of the yellow airbag connector and you might use a small flat blade screw driver to help release the connector. Now you can put the airbag module on the driver's seat.

It's wide open now to replace the Recirculate Actuator or the Passenger Side Temperature Actuator. They both use the same part numbers and both are printed on the same box, 15-72971 or 89018365. I did not remove the red keeper prior to removing the connector from either actuator. Just pried up gently on the tab and lifted the connector away. On the Temperature Actuator, I removed the connector after getting it loose from its position. Take a 5.5 millimeter socket and remove the screws on either side of the actuator.

The doors that the actuator's manipulate are slotted, so keep that in mind when installing the new actuators. Installation is the reverse.

Trim Pry Tool
Pick or Small Flat Blade Screwdriver
10mm wrench
10mm socket - 1/4 inch drive
7mm socket - 1/4 inch drive
5.5mm socket - 1/4 inch drive

Last edited:
OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a side note, if you are a thin contortionist with incredible surgeon like dexterity who likes to swear alot and have scratched up wrists and hand cramps.....it can be done through the glove box with just a 9/32 socket and small ratchet.
My kids said, "Hey Dad, you're bleeding!", somehow I cut my left hand and scratched up my right, near both index fingers! LOL

Always good to have alternate ways of getting things done, thanks!

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bracket and bolts over the battery is starting to rust. The Hood's rear weatherstrip must've shrunk at least 4 inches and needs replacing. It's been discontinued (15200240) and it does not appear that the aftermarket makes them yet. RockAuto seems to sell the material by the foot but there are so many choices it's confusing to me. The Sierra runs a different part number.

@iamdub

Chris, I remember you replacing yours, was it aftermarket or from one of your junkyard strolls?

Junkyard strolls!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a side note, if you are a thin contortionist with incredible surgeon like dexterity who likes to swear alot and have scratched up wrists and hand cramps.....it can be done through the glove box with just a 9/32 socket and small ratchet.

*Adjusts filter on Tinder to search exclusively for Asians...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak