Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The above link references the Yukon's activities on Friday. She was unexpectedly called up to tow a boat home and hours later went drag racing. Fun stuff!

20220415_211628.jpg

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Floor mats are 5 years old and a bit worn. They are GM Accessory carpeted mats and have these little fasteners that secure to the carpet and allow the mat to click into that and hold them in place. The inside fastener on the passenger side could not be installed because there is a computer module under the carpet directly underneath where it would go.

Well, there's few left in inventory and I bought a new set for the front, the rears still are great.

Any ideas on how to secure these to the carpet better?

1650579330433.png

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Floor mats are 5 years old and a bit worn. They are GM Accessory carpeted mats and have these little fasteners that secure to the carpet and allow the mat to click into that and hold them in place. The inside fastener on the passenger side could not be installed because there is a computer module under the carpet directly underneath where it would go.

Well, there's few left in inventory and I bought a new set for the front, the rears still are great.

View attachment 368552

These seem to be the bee's nuts when it comes to floor mats: https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Klaw-Anti-Slip-Retainers-Without/dp/B0719QWB7B?th=1

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

View attachment 368552
What do the retainers look like?

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My poor imagination can't think of how to integrate them at present!

What do the retainers look like?

The fasteners in the top photo go into the carpet and the floor mats snap into them. There are holes for these in the carpet already from the last set. Can't really move them around and use the holes in the floor mat as they would then not fit the well proper.

20220422_015704.jpg20220422_015805.jpg20220422_015818.jpg

This all may be moot, I just remembered that my wife pushes off of the floor to help get herself situated in the seats, this is what caused the fasteners to fail before. I do it to a lesser extent, or did. Well, been sick again and thinking is not so clear.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
My poor imagination can't think of how to integrate them at present!

The fasteners in the top photo go into the carpet and the floor mats snap into them. There are holes for these in the carpet already from the last set. Can't really move them around and use the holes in the floor mat as they would then not fit the well proper.

View attachment 368582View attachment 368583View attachment 368584

This all may be moot, I just remembered that my wife pushes off of the floor to help get herself situated in the seats, this is what caused the fasteners to fail before. I do it to a lesser extent, or did. Well, been sick again and thinking is not so clear.
All I can think of is to cut the carpet screw part off and put 4, 1/8” holes through the keepers so you can use 1/8” zip ties through them and the carpet.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two 3/4"-1" wide pieces of 1/16" flat stock (16 gauge), bent to conform to the floorboard, bolted under each of the front two seat studs with whatever's needed to attach the mats to it (low-profile hooks, carriage head bolts with low-profile nuts, etc.) on the other end.

Last edited:
OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can think of is to cut the carpet screw part off and put 4, 1/8” holes through the keepers so you can use 1/8” zip ties through them and the carpet.

Two 3/4"-1" wide pieces of 1/16" flat stock (16 gauge), bent to conform to the floorboard, bolted under each of the front to seat studs with whatever's needed to attach the mats to it (low-profile hooks, carriage head bolts with low-profile nuts, etc.)

Both great ideas! I might need something that can make them easily removable for vacuuming and shampooing, even if I'm not around to do it someday. Maybe I can incorporate your ideas with those fasteners Chris linked to and the stock clips or areas in the mats.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both great ideas! I might need something that can make them easily removable for vacuuming and shampooing, even if I'm not around to do it someday. Maybe I can incorporate your ideas with those fasteners Chris linked to and the stock clips or areas in the mats.

I just saw my computer (again) changed "two" to "to". Edited to clarify and satisfy OCD.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the last month or so the navigation radio would kinda go blank for a second and then resume playing a CD and or the route selected would resume. The other day the whole thing went blank, the splash screen came on and then resumed playing the cd and the navigation route resumed without any input from me.

There was an over voltage code for the display once when the battery was run down, I didn't pull codes after the last event but will in the next day or so. Anyone ever experience this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt