Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RebelBelle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome Back James. Was jumping through all kinds of hoops to try to locate you. Get some rest and get in touch if you need anything. I'm available and have all of my shots. Text or call when able or needed. Glad to hear from you.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Back James. Was jumping through all kinds of hoops to try to locate you. Get some rest and get in touch if you need anything. I'm available and have all of my shots. Text or call when able or needed. Glad to hear from you.

Will do Gene, want to know how the repairs to the brakes turned out, sorry I couldn't have helped!

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recovery has been slow and getting to the doctor, even virtual appointments has taken much longer than anticipated. Still have several more to see.

During this time my daughter finished saving up a sufficient sum to buy her first vehicle and so we began the search for it. She is, like her Dad, very particular about what she wanted and what she was willing to compromise on. We searched nationwide for months and finally found one that she was willing to go through the credit application process. But just as it started, the dealer said it required too much work to make a profit and said they sent it to auction. Found another, salesman said it was going to auction because of airbag recall, I said we'd sign waiver and have it replaced in our own. Again, started the buying process and was told that this one too was sent to auction. These trucks were a thousand miles apart. Finally found one way under market value with all of the upgrades already done that she wanted to do. This dealer replaced the recalled airbag. This one was even further away but well worth the effort as it was well taken care and is super clean too.

This is a 2012 GMC Sierra Short Box Crew Cab 1500 4x4 with the SLT package. What makes this so unique is that it is an NHT truck. Meaning, it has the L9H 6.2 motor, extra leaf springs in the rear and the 9.5" semi-floater rear axle with 3.73 gears. 6.2s are rare but around, 6.2s with 3.73s are like finding hens teeth. Finding a 6.2 with 3.73s and in SLT trim is, well, it's the only one I've seen in four years of looking. It's rated to tow 10,400 pounds and has an 1,805 pound payload capacity. It has JL1 too!

The truck runs like it has been tuned, the idle is higher and the transmission shifts great, would not be surprised if Justin has already worked on it. Justin lives in Idaho and this truck came from Idaho Falls. It has had a 6.5" Zone lift installed with the extra leaf in the rear springs and the longer front struts, no spacers. Whoever commissioned the work spared no expense to do it right. The truck is shod with TIS 18x9 Wheels running Nitto Trail Grappler M/Ts which are 35 x 12.50 x 18.

We know who the previous owner was and we heard that he wants to contact Julia to talk about his old truck. He traded it in on a brand new Sierra AT4. We also have most of the service records and I'll endeavor to secure the rest.

Truck drives great and it's front differential is quiet as a mouse, and the mud tires are surprisingly quiet, we can easily carry a conversation inside, even better than my Yukon at present! My front axle howls in comparison!

My daughters flew out to get it and drove it back 2600 miles in three days. They averaged 15 mpgs. Stock is 18 on the highway.

My wife and I have already sent the girls to Fort Lauderdale to pick up furniture! LOL

IMG_20210402_102009999_HDR.jpg
IMG_4258.jpg

This is the truck I asked for advice about in another thread about the rust underneath. It is nowhere near as bad looking at it in person (better than my West Virginia truck!) and what we thought was rust scale is simply pealing wax. We're still going to address it, as she wants to put lights in the wheel wells and have this thing ready for Daytona soon.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts