USB PORT? Which fuse is it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Fagin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which fuse this USB port is on a 2019 Tahoe? I have tried to narrow it down but cannot find it. The USB port on the right works but the one on the left that I am point to does not and I just want to know which one it is.

usb.jpeg

Project Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you share your vin or some more info like vehicle trim and details I can help you out, but this is not specific enough atm.

Project Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Helps but still not enough, the diagrams are very specific based on the RPO codes. want to share your vin or snap a picture of the SPID tag with the QR code?
1623350213146.png

Project Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, first here is some information from GM on the operation of the USB ports:

The USB port and the card reader slot interface with a hub device, internal to the auxiliary jack, USB, and memory card receptacle assembly. The auxiliary jack, USB, and memory card receptacle assembly receives fused battery voltage and ground from the harness to power the internal hub device as well as providing additional amperage to power USB devices.

The internal hub device interfaces directly with the human machine interface module via a standard USB cable. A Mini type USB connector is used to connect the cable at the USB port and at the human machine interface module and at the auxiliary jack, USB, and memory card receptacle. Standard USB male to female connections are typically used for connecting USB cables together where an in-line connection is required. An in-line cable connection is typically found between the console and I/P harness.

Project Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for the info it was helpful, as you can see there is a fuse for this system however, both usb ports run off of it. So I don't believe the fuse is the problem.

OP
OP
J

James Fagin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks again for the info it was helpful, as you can see there is a fuse for this system however, both usb ports run off of it. So I don't believe the fuse is the problem.
Thanks I will try and pop it out and see if its a connection issue behind it somewhere or get a new connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts