USB-C Upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes, I would be interested to hear if it will function with Android Auto.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting device but for $90 I have no issue with plugging in as I don't have a wireless charger either.
It is a frustration saver in my book, no more forgetting my phone in the truck, don't have to find a place to stick the phone so it will not slide around, no trying to stick the cable in the dark.
connects every time and works perfectly

OP
OP
A

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to this last night. The size of the unit was larger than the hole in below the rear HVAC controls and the inside console.

The current dual USB-A under the rear HVAC controls has two USB-A Mini inputs and the USB-A/USB-C SD Card module only had one input

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a frustration saver in my book, no more forgetting my phone in the truck, don't have to find a place to stick the phone so it will not slide around, no trying to stick the cable in the dark.
connects every time and works perfectly
So can you use the usb behind the screen for this adapter?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So can you use the usb behind the screen for this adapter?
It is usb-A so I guess you could use in whichever port connects to the radio I have mine in the center console
just note that the motorola ma-1 only connects to one phone, to change phones you have to factory reset it

bprob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok - thanks for the replies - I'll be the guinea pig.

Just ordered one on eBay hopefully here by the weekend...

View attachment 385415

Is there a preferred set of pry tools I should get - this is something I have procrastinated on buying since in the past you could get by with a mini flat blade screw driver most of the time.
Is this compatible with Android Auto? I spilt liquid on my console, in my 2020 Yukon, and now the left port isn't working. I was thinking I may as well replace what's there and convert overt to USB-C, if compatible. Otherwise, I may need to replace with what's there (2xUSB-A). Also, does the existing port just pry out or is it more complicated than that? Is there a special tool for this?

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To follow up, the port behind the screen is data compatible (Looks like all of them in front are). Got the motorola adapter hooked up and im now wireless and invisible...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout