Urgent Need Help. DRL light and tail Light want work all other lights are fine..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dear all friends,

I'll give you a short update because I found the mistake. As I had already written, the workshop (Cadillac and Chevrolet authorized workshop) replaced my airbag and simply removed the relay and did not put it back in again. When my Tahoe didn't start at all, I first had to translate the instructions correctly for them, so that they understood that they don't simply remove the relays for this conversion and don't put them back in again. They also simply left out the relay for the park lamp and didn't put it back in. But you need the relay to supply electricity to all the lighting, that is currently not working for me. Now I just took the relay for the rear window heater to be able to drive at least at night. I took pictures of it for you so you can see how stupid an official workshop for US vehicles can be. There is German text in the pictures because I have already sent a letter of complaint today with a request to get a new relay.

Many thanks to you, because that's how I approached the error step by step and was able to find it. All works fine for now.

Greetings Markus

Attachments

• Park Relais weggelassen 1.jpg
    Park Relais weggelassen 1.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Park Relais weggelassen.jpg
    Park Relais weggelassen.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220626_193524.jpg
    IMG_20220626_193524.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220626_193521.jpg
    IMG_20220626_193521.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 4

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as noted above you need to confirm the operation of the sun sensor, but also note the DRL's only come on when you are in drive, not in park, so you need to be positioned facing a glass door or building during daylight and while in drive so you can confirm the DRL operation.
another thing to check is to turn on the fog lights and the rear marker lights should be on, daylight does not matter
if the rear marker lights come on with the fog lights and DRL are not operational in daylight while in drive, then the sun sensor may have a issue..
also be sure the parking brake is not engaged.
my DRL don't work at all... which is normal operation for a taboe tooo cheap to replace them.. DRL isn't legally required anyways

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my DRL don't work at all... which is normal operation for a taboe tooo cheap to replace them.. DRL isn't legally required anyways
in some places they are required Brent, this guy is in Germany, in Canada you cannot even turn them off, it's factory disabled.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in some places they are required Brent, this guy is in Germany, in Canada you cannot even turn them off, it's factory disabled.
Yes they can be turned off by pulling the bulbs or DRL fuse if it's load sensitive a load resister can be added

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Greets! Welcome to the forum. The heated washer option does have an updated part. If the dealer hasn’t butchered your harness and removed your bracket, update it to the new part from the place below.

If you’re looking for a product to read & clear codes from the DIC / Speedo display, replace radio / Navi without GM diagnostic tools, add one touch up / down windows and a few other features this is an inexpensive ECU tool worth its weight in gold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442