Urgent help with upr catch can install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

ptm82379

Reaction score
Tested the first link, worked fine. Did not realize that I grabbed links in the title I copy pasted.
This was really helpful at explaining exactly what is going on. Thank you for posting it. Now that I see how it works I'm fine leaving it this way. The only thing I might consider is a bigger diameter hose. It feels like it's lagging and I constantly have to stay on the throttle but maybe that's also part of the behavior of this engine. Mileage seems to gave dropped off a bit but that is just percieved not calculated. It may all be in my head honestly.

It is good to know I am catching the bulk of it for sure. That kit you posted is amazing but also amazingly expensive.

Thanks for your help.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That kit is complete over kill unless you're running a boosted engine.

OP please double check your connections, if you have interrupted the wrong line you have created a vacuum leak.

OP
OP
P

ptm82379

Reaction score
That kit is complete over kill unless you're running a boosted engine.

OP please double check your connections, if you have interrupted the wrong line you have created a vacuum leak.
Thanks, Yep I've checked several times. I interrupted the valley pcv line. It runs from the pcv valve under the throttle body to the drivers side intake manifold. It is the main can location in the video. Not the wot lines on the secondary can That come from the valve covers on my engine

Last edited: