UPR Catch Can w/CSS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeez, it was just an **** plug joke. :)

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a pile of quick-connect fittings and will sell/ship them to you cheap if you want em. Been running the UPR w/ccs on the 6.2 Yukon for months now and it's a high quality.

You'll want to carry a 3/4" wrench in your truck should you need to remove your oil cap - no more doing that by hand. Equally important is to make certain the oil cap replacement breather is threaded snug correctly. When removing the oil cap breather; the lower oil cap at the bottom of the collar going to the block almost always comes out with it. Not a huge deal as it holds a funnel better but might be tricky if you bring your vehicle to someplace to get an oil change - they may not know what they're looking at or not get the caps sealed properly.

The can also mounts on your brake booster which inherently adds a slight vibration to the gas pedal. Not certain that's the cause but I'll be playing around with it more and see if I can alleviate it. You'll also want to make sure to use a blue thread-locker on the can mounting hardware or you can expect it to loosen up. It's also a pain to empty and you need to be careful not to cross-thread the canister or thread it too tight or you'll ruin the o-ring. I'm sure the o-ring will not last long after multiple empties. Mine came with a drain spigot on the bottom but not certain how functional it is as you can't mount a tube. Overall it seems to work but could use some updates. DONT expect to reach UPR by phone or e-mail for any help. Terribly hard to get a hold of them and their resellers aren't real knowledgeable either. When I tried purchasing just the CSS they had no clue what that is or what to do. UPR tried sending me the part and ended up sending me another catch-can for a Ford.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might want to go with an Elite Engineering E2 or E2-x, it has a nice ball valve drain and you don’t need a wrench to remove the CSS to add oil. The mount is real solid too. Plus their customer service is awesome.

John Day

Reaction score
went with an Ebay universal....

Attachments

• OCC at bracket, clamps tubing.jpg
    OCC at bracket, clamps tubing.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 12
  • OCC & Spectre CAI w:header tape.jpg
    OCC & Spectre CAI w:header tape.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 11
  • OCC at drain tube with tie-wraps.jpg
    OCC at drain tube with tie-wraps.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 10
  • OCC at intake port.jpg
    OCC at intake port.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 10
  • OCC at PCV.jpg
    OCC at PCV.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 10

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might want to go with an Elite Engineering E2 or E2-x, it has a nice ball valve drain and you don’t need a wrench to remove the CSS to add oil. The mount is real solid too. Plus their customer service is awesome.
I looked at E2-X as well and they have the same ball-valve spigot that UPR uses and they don't use quick connects on the hoses. Seems like it may be a much more affordable setup though. I like how the oil threading is on the clean side separator.

Frasier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried reading some info on their website, but can't figure out exactly what the CSS version does differently than the non-CSS. Can someone give me some insight on this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop