UPR Catch Can w/CSS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tk59194

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I just noticed the engraving. Awesome little detail. Too cool!

BlackZ71-15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright guys as a follow up, here are the results of the install.

Installation was a breeze. The kit comes with a very detailed set of instructions. Being that all hoses come with factory fittings, the kit truly is plug and play. Instructions for the kit can be found on their website so I will not go through a step by step.

The kit looks great! There are other cans on the market but I wanted both form and function. Also, of note, I opted for the dual valve system with the clean side separator. I suspect this is overkill for my truck and what i use it for, but I wanted their very best offering. I had considered the single valve setup without the CSS, but decided to splurge in the end.

Here are some photos of the kit installed. The can itself is mounted on a bracket which is installed at the brake booster. The machining on everything is top notch. Hard to explain unless you have it in your hands, but it feels like quality.

View attachment 214593 View attachment 214594 View attachment 214596 View attachment 214597 View attachment 214598

Awesome set up man! What type of fitting did you use for the connection on the intake between it and the CSS? Also I imagine it was fairly easy tapping into the intake tube correct?

Mechanic421

06 Denali XL
Reaction score
7500 mile update: ladies and gentlemen, truck just rolled 20k miles and this is the CUMULATIVE amount of crap that the system has prevented from sending back through the intake system/coat the back of the valves.

View attachment 230700
Trips me out how much water you are catching. I don’t have pictures for now but Next time I drain my Can I will try to post. All I catch is pure oil. Both old engine and new engine.

OP
OP
Tk59194

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All hoses came with the kit and they all look stock/factory. Everything was plug and play. I bought the dual valve setup. It wasn't cheap but it works quite well.

BlackZ71-15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All hoses came with the kit and they all look stock/factory. Everything was plug and play. I bought the dual valve setup. It wasn't cheap but it works quite well.

Yeah definitely not cheap, but it looks worth it. Im actually looking to do the same set up as you. I just bought the Gm intake, What fitting did you use when tapping the additional port into the right side of the GM intake, NPT/Barb?

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the do it yourself crowd I found the OEM quick connectors on ebay. I modified my mounting positions for the TeamRXP dual can system so I needed a straight connector vs a 90 degree. I quick ordered one ebay but they were on a slow boat from China in Covid days so I reached out to TeamRXP and they sent me one right away. Ebay item https://www.ebay.com/itm/322449917599 (SLOW 3+ WEEK Delivery) Part S1582ID12 for straight, Part L1582ID12 for 90 degree. ID12 is for the 1/2 inch fuel line with the RXP KIT. View media item 28521View media item 28515

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info on the quick connects. I've been running a UPR can on my F150 Ecoboost for several years now. Works well and I get the same water/coffee fluid out of it. One thing that doesn't seem to last are the o-rings in the quick connects. Maybe a by product of being boosted but they eventually will not keep a seal.

OP
OP
Tk59194

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah definitely not cheap, but it looks worth it. Im actually looking to do the same set up as you. I just bought the Gm intake, What fitting did you use when tapping the additional port into the right side of the GM intake, NPT/Barb?

All I had to do was drill a hole. The UPR kit came with the fitting

John Day

Reaction score
For the do it yourself crowd I found the OEM quick connectors on ebay. I modified my mounting positions for the TeamRXP dual can system so I needed a straight connector vs a 90 degree. I quick ordered one ebay but they were on a slow boat from China in Covid days so I reached out to TeamRXP and they sent me one right away. Ebay item https://www.ebay.com/itm/322449917599 (SLOW 3+ WEEK Delivery) Part S1582ID12 for straight, Part L1582ID12 for 90 degree. ID12 is for the 1/2 inch fuel line with the RXP KIT. View media item 28521View media item 28515
eBay from China

GM Quick Disconnect Parts for Oil Catch Can.png