Upper Rear Control Arm/Track Arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see I thought you had a oem one, in that case is it adjusted to the correct length? does the body sit straight at rest?
@Doubeleive Yes everything is good to go, the link I sent out details the problems I encountered during the install and the solutions I used to resolve my problems. Now she rides great but these joint are inherently louder than normal bushings and the large joint housings knock on the frame mount when the body is articulating which is the only sound I have now. I am thinking of putting thick rubber or plastic discs on each side of the joint to deaden the sound of the joint contacting the frame.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive Yes everything is good to go, the link I sent out details the problems I encountered during the install and the solutions I used to resolve my problems. Now she rides great but these joint are inherently louder than normal bushings and the large joint housings knock on the frame mount when the body is articulating which is the only sound I have now. I am thinking of putting thick rubber or plastic discs on each side of the joint to deaden the sound of the joint contacting the frame.
hmm, well to troubleshoot I would put the frame on jack stands high enough so the rear wheels are off the ground, then put a jack under the rear differential, then you can lift and lower the axle to simulate driving and watch what is happening and kind of go from there, I would look for any popping movement or visual binding. looks like you may be in need of new sway bar bushings and maybe get some adjustable rear sway bar end links not sure if that would help some or not but that's one thing I would do.

I would use a jack under the diff that can roll and turn it sideways as much you can because the axle will move left/right as it goes up/down

Last edited:

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm, well to troubleshoot I would put the frame on jack stands high enough so the rear wheels are off the ground, then put a jack under the rear differential, then you can lift and lower the axle to simulate driving and watch what is happening and kind of go from there, I would look for any popping movement or visual binding. looks like you may be in need of new sway bar bushings and maybe get some adjustable rear sway bar end links not sure if that would help some or not but that's one thing I would do.

I would use a jack under the diff that can roll and turn it sideways as much you can because the axle will move left/right as it goes up/down
@Doubeleive I appreciate the advice! I am really happy with the bar and I recommend it to anyone running more than 3 inches of lift. People would be surprised to see that their rear axle is off center.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I returned the moog stuff I bought.

Interested in the spohn backend, just not sure how to properly adjust the control arms in terms of getting the alignment right. I suppose I can just set them to identical length of the stockers and bolt them in. I wish they had boxed lowers and uppers, I don't need to adjustment.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Interested in the spohn backend, just not sure how to properly adjust the control arms in terms of getting the alignment right. I suppose I can just set them to identical length of the stockers and bolt them in. I wish they had boxed lowers and uppers, I don't need to adjustment.
@ls1frc Here's the deal, the Spohn stuff ships to you pre-adjusted to factory length so if you want a factory sized replacement for rear control arms but also want an update that might not be a bad option. You would not have to adjust anything just tighten everything down and install it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

they do have boxed lowers I put them on my Denali, the uppers I used the mevotech stamped steel and painted them red to match the spohn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts