Upper Control Arms Hitting stops After Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
The plates limit down travel on all suspension. I wouldn't cut them off but some lift kits require them to be cut off.

large

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How about just shorting the stops but not removing them say about 3/4-1"to give some down travel ?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Do they fit on 00-06 Tahoes? Thinking about cutting my droop stops but idk.

Not positive but heard they don't cross over. I know fts and cognito make some for the 00-06. Just give them a call for a set. Usually around $450 a pair.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
How about just shorting the stops but not removing them say about 3/4-1"to give some down travel ?

Doesn't work that way. Need to cut and weld back. Which then all joint will break and fall apart so option is lift control arms or decrank

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score

One option is to cut a pie-shaped wedge out of the underside of the stops, bend them down to close the gap, and re-weld them back in place. In effect, you will be lowering the front edge of the stop about 3/8-1/2", will still giving enough clearance. You'll technically be "able" to extend down about 2 - 2 1/2" more at the wheel, but the ball joint and tie rods being attached limit that extension.

Does the same thing as the curved Cognito arms, but it doesn't change the ball joint angles. You'll still wear them out faster than a non-lifted truck.

tahoe035.3

Reaction score
So when it comes to upper control arms I don't know what to look for exactly. Can someone point me in the right direction? I want something that will give me decent down travel again while still getting a good amount of height from the 3" keys. I can still hear a lot of clunking on the drivers side after lowering it a bit. I included a picture of how the drivers side sits now. I'm looking for affordable ones

View attachment 57917

This doesn't have to do with your thread but if you don't mind what size tires do you have

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission