Upgrading factory radio to IO8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm stripping out a wrecked 2020 PPV and decided to take advantage and upgrade my radio. In addition to the screen and the HMI will I need anything else? I know I'll need to send it off to be reprogrammed. Would I also be able to utilize the gauge cluster from it to upgrade my 2015's?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well I'm stripping out a wrecked 2020 PPV and decided to take advantage and upgrade my radio. In addition to the screen and the HMI will I need anything else? I know I'll need to send it off to be reprogrammed. Would I also be able to utilize the gauge cluster from it to upgrade my 2015's?
A 20 PPV already wrecked? Just out of curiosity, could you post a few pics?

Idaho Tater

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So does the io6. It’s what I put in my Tahoe.
Not all IOS6 have Apple Carplay and Android Auto unfortunately. I have an early 2015 LTZ that's missing both features, but to be honest, I just miss the Apple version. My Tahoe has the full nav functions, but no luck with Carplay. I'm looking through the threads for a great solution, so if anyone has ideas to share, please do.

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You swap out the head unit and/or HMI for units that have that feature. My 2015 Tahoe has an io6 unit which also has CarPlay and Android auto.

ImMikeLowry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How do I go about finding my radio version? I have a 2018 Chevy Tahoe LT with CarPlay/AA, Nav, Bose, but no RSE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33