Upgrading Camshaft On 96 5.7L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ge0rgin0

Reaction score
The engine tranny is all stock... Its had better days over 230,*** miles but runs great, No CHECK ENGINE LIGHT the 4L60E is also good just thinking of doing a Master Shift Solenoids Kit install after seeing improvement when swapping out the A B Shift Solenoids

I want to "recondition" the engine Need to install new freeze plugs but while the engine is out what else could I do? There is 1 freeze plug i cant get to and I have a rubber plug in there that eventually is gonna give out

Thinking of redoing all gaskets and adding a CAMSHAFT but don't want to have to upgrade Fuel Injectors. I got the full exhaust planned to add as well and soon will be changing out the Wheel Hub Bearings & New Differential Oil Seals & Bearings. All suspension components have been re-done ball joints terminals pitman idler u joints etc. Just looking to get some more power mechanical wise...also newly installed Distributor Cap & Coil Plugs & Wires. Any suggestions?

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, a lot of people tend to use the ZZ4 camshaft from the zz4 350, or one with similar specs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11