Upgraded camshaft..what do i need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

odie301

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the stock Z06 cam compare to the comp cam listed above? will the corvette cam make as much torque? I am worried about swapping a cam in, and losing torque where i need it most, for those times when i do pull a trailer. Which isn't often, but i don't want it to be where i can't pull anything cause then i might as well have a station wagon!

But if the numbers would come up fairly close as far as hp and tq..then the stock vette cam is probably a cheaper route

hyde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I can tell you it will make more trq and more hp. It will run a whole lot better. THe good thing is with that cam you can install it and drive...The computer can live with it no problem, once you tune it will pick up very nicely.

OP
OP
O

odie301

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is a trailblazer ss cam the same? found one of those used on ebay for like $80. The z06 will work good in a 5.3 correct? it doesnt need the larger discplacement?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Stock cams aren't worth it I'd drop dime on a nice one :imo: Call a few camshaft manufacturers and tell them what you're trying to accomplish, they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

OP
OP
O

odie301

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the trailblazer ss cam i found on ebay has these specs 204/211 .525 .525 116.5 LSA... comparing that to the comp it has a hair more lift. the duration and lsa are different but i am not sure how that translates into more or less power.

As a price point, since the economy is in "hard" times and all. For $80 the stock z06 sounds like a nice improvement.. considering the comp cam is like $350 new.

Fred

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 tahoe with a 2004 Z06 cam and springs. From 30 to 100 truck pulls like a different truck from a dig i lost the low end. Do not get a cam out of a trailblazer the cam sensor is in the front and on tahoes its in the rear or vice versa.

boomboom baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a 01 with 229000 miles on it it runslike a top i want a choppy idle can it be done with this many miles are should I wait till I need a rebuild

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt