Upgrade Ideas for 2007 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd get a pro shop to do a full paint correction and ceramic coating.
Have you good luck with those? One went well on a BMW. It did nothing on a Porsche.

I do think I'll clay bar and use that fancy new Mequires. I have a nice variable speed polisher and it was painted 4 years ago.

Headlights aren't even foggy yet. Kind of crazy for a 153,000 mile truck?

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never done it. I don't think you're supposed to see much. It's supposed to be like paint armor as I understand.

Your profile doesn't say where you're at.... I'd also go the extra step to get it rust proofed as well. Or diy with fluid film.

BAWLin in WI

Reaction score
I've never done it. I don't think you're supposed to see much. It's supposed to be like paint armor as I understand.

Your profile doesn't say where you're at.... I'd also go the extra step to get it rust proofed as well. Or diy with fluid film.

What rust-proofing procedures do you recommend? I just bought a 09 with no rust in Wisconsin climate and I'm really **** about not letting it get rust. My past few vehicles have been leases so I have not had to worry about it until now.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What rust-proofing procedures do you recommend? I just bought a 09 with no rust in Wisconsin climate and I'm really **** about not letting it get rust. My past few vehicles have been leases so I have not had to worry about it until now.
Do a youtube search for fluid film undercoating. It's a first time for me, but its a lanolin based lubricant and penetrant that has some gripping capacity. Seems like annual applications are suggested, and have proven to be successful. Others use motor oil, others use bar and chain oil, mustie1 on youtube uses a combo of old bar and chain oil mixed with gear oil....seems good too if you're ok with reapplying. The fluid film kit on ebay is about 90 bucks and would likely cover 2-3 trucks. I have the kit sitting in my garage, I need to get it applied but truck is at the mechanic atm.

Outside of DIY, I take my regular daily driver honda to a place called Rust Check. They use a synthetic oil based coating. Same ideas apply.

BAWLin in WI

Reaction score
Do a youtube search for fluid film undercoating. It's a first time for me, but its a lanolin based lubricant and penetrant that has some gripping capacity. Seems like annual applications are suggested, and have proven to be successful. Others use motor oil, others use bar and chain oil, mustie1 on youtube uses a combo of old bar and chain oil mixed with gear oil....seems good too if you're ok with reapplying. The fluid film kit on ebay is about 90 bucks and would likely cover 2-3 trucks. I have the kit sitting in my garage, I need to get it applied but truck is at the mechanic atm.

Outside of DIY, I take my regular daily driver honda to a place called Rust Check. They use a synthetic oil based coating. Same ideas apply.

I know a guy that does this as a side job. Sounds very similar. Annual coating recommended, he sprays some kind of oil/chemical all over entire vehicle and inside and out of anything he can reach or get at. I was wondering if it actually worked. I had heard that it was also supposed to stop any rust that is there from spreading and getting worse.

I also came across some gizmo somewhere that was like an electronic emitter that was supposed to emit a frequency that wouldn't allow rust to form or something like that and had been thinking how could that work/be successful. Seemed kinda scam-ish but I am totally unfamiliar with that as well.