Upgrade 2007 chev tahoe radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skunge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey folks newbie here. I want to upgrade the nav/radio on my 07 to one in 2014 so i can get blue tooth and new firmware. Is this possible to do? if so what do i buy and will the wiring existing just plug in?

Yhanks in advance

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks newbie here. I want to upgrade the nav/radio on my 07 to one in 2014 so i can get blue tooth and new firmware. Is this possible to do? if so what do i buy and will the wiring existing just plug in?

Yhanks in advance

A 2014 SUV or pickup? The SUVs got the updated Nav units from 2012-2014. Youtube and fellas on here have "How Tos".

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, welcome to the Forum from NH. To get answers, you need to post pics of your truck. (Just kidding, but very strongly suggested).

Lots of experienced folks on this Forum, who are willing to share their experiences and perspectives.

Before making a final decision, I suggest that you check out Crutchfield and enter your truck's specifics and see what is available in 2020 head units. I suspect that there will be far more new features available for you in a current aftermarket head unit versus a 2014 head unit. Wireless Android Auto, audio fine tuning features, etc.

Of course, budget always plays a part in the final decision, and I don't know if you already have acquired a 2014 GM head unit.

Good luck!

OP
OP
S

skunge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A 2014 SUV or pickup? The SUVs got the updated Nav units from 2012-2014. Youtube and fellas on here have "How Tos".
The new used unit is coming from a 2014 Tahoe Ltz like mine. Has DVD nav and steering wheel controls. Will it wire up the same. Will all functions work mic included. Do you have a link from youtube

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new used unit is coming from a 2014 Tahoe Ltz like mine. Has DVD nav and steering wheel controls. Will it wire up the same. Will all functions work mic included. Do you have a link from youtube

My memory on this is not so good anymore. I do remember that you'll have to do a workaround with regards to Bluetooth and Onstar, changing out a module in yours to a 2009+ and when you speak with Onstar, having to tell them that you are whatever that module came out of, ie a 2010 Acadia for example.

Check out Infotainment.com, oemradios.com, and look around here for some links I posted for guys who needed repairs not that long ago, but long enough that I just cannot remember.

OP
OP
S

skunge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok seems like a real mess to get a factory unit to work. What do you guys recommend as after market which will maintain all features, like rear controls, back up cam, steering wheel controls, onstar etc etc. if one exists

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I had the Rosen GM1210 for a couple years before it started having issues.

I now have a Kenwood DNX575S and am very pleased.

The key to any good install is using the proper adapters to keep all the factory options functioning.

I used an Idatalink Maestro. You can program it to do many different things from the steering wheel controls. Very nice unit.

Dahoe06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Yhanks in advance
If you go to Crutchfield.com they are super easy to navigate. Just type in your vehicle and they’ll give you options for different radios and they’ll make sure you get everything you need to hook it right up with the car. I personally went with the Sony xav-ax1000 which has Bluetooth and CarPlay and can be used with a backup camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elteclas