Updated VCIM has delay in Bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPatton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
About a month ago I found a 2008 Denali with just over 50k miles that I thought was incredibly under-priced so I jumped on it. I did a couple upgrades immediately including the vcim after reading everything that I could find on here. The upgrade was smooth and easy. Thanks for all the information.

My current concern is just with how long it takes to connect as soon as I start it up. It takes about 2 - 3 minutes before it recognizes my phone and then connects. which isn't a really long time but seems like it should be faster. Additionally, when I turn the car off and open the door to get out the radio turns off but the call remains connected. I worry that this is running down the battery and I have to disconnect the call using the handset button to continue talking as I exit the vehicle.

I used a vcim out of a 2011 Acadia, part number : 20829984

Any of you guys seeing the same and if so have you found any way to connect and disconnect faster?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds normal to me Joe, experience the same thing but would say it recognizes my phone in about a minute if it does at all, sometimes it doesn't. My daughter's Iphone connects faster and all the time compared with my 4 year old android phone.

OP
OP
JPatton

JPatton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's been about a year but I finally got a significant improvement in the connection time. I have a 2008 Yukon Denali and the VCIM that I used is out of a 2009 Acadia Denali. I bring that up because they might have updated the VCIMs since but the 2009 can connect to up to 5 different phones. The issue it has is that it can't attempt to connect to all of them at one time so it does it in order of the stored list. It will spend 30 seconds searching for the phone listed in spot 1, Then 30 seconds searching for phone 2, etc. When I got my VCIM I just connected my phone without deleting the phones that were in there so it took 2 minutes to connect because my phone was the fifth spot. I have now deleted all the previous phones and mine connects as soon as I turn on the ignition.

If there is a delay in your phone connecting for calls, go in and delete all the listed phones and reconnect the primary users phone so that it goes to spot 1, then connect any additional phones.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01