Updated navigation disks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I keep a copy of the Iowa version of the Gazetteer and a Motor Carriers US Atlas in my vehicle still. I don’t use them very much, but it’s a great way to get the kids to know how to read a map and see what’s around as we travel down the road.
Before we were married the wife and I would color code paperclips on ours so she could quickly flip the pages and follow our rout. Went to some cool spots.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Older thread but we do a lot of traveling by truck and motorcycle and find many times, we don't know where we are going (especially as we meander on the motorcycle). I use https://www.sygic.com/gps-navigation on my phone as an alternate GPS as I don't/won't pay the large price to update my vehicles with obsolete maps. These are updated quarterly (Free) and I've not had an issue. The only downside is they charge extra if you want to use the app directly through AA or AP and not just on the phone. I use my phone on the bike and phone or tablet in the Yukon. IMO a much better GPS source than the current one on my Yukon and my bike.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Older thread but we do a lot of traveling by truck and motorcycle and find many times, we don't know where we are going (especially as we meander on the motorcycle). I use https://www.sygic.com/gps-navigation on my phone as an alternate GPS as I don't/won't pay the large price to update my vehicles with obsolete maps. These are updated quarterly (Free) and I've not had an issue. The only downside is they charge extra if you want to use the app directly through AA or AP and not just on the phone. I use my phone on the bike and phone or tablet in the Yukon. IMO a much better GPS source than the current one on my Yukon and my bike.
I used to use Sygic but had it flake out on me a few times when I was in a place without cell coverage. All of the maps were downloaded to my phone, but it still would not initiate the app until I had cell service again, effectively negating its usefulness to me. I literally had to resort to an old paper Gazetteer I keep beside the drivers seat like some of the other folks here.

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to use Sygic but had it flake out on me a few times when I was in a place without cell coverage. All of the maps were downloaded to my phone, but it still would not initiate the app until I had cell service again, effectively negating its usefulness to me. I literally had to resort to an old paper Gazetteer I keep beside the drivers seat like some of the other folks here.
Strange as when I use it in the truck, my tablet has no cell and I've never run into any issue. I have a friend who buys a new paper map book every few years and keeps it in his tour pack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14