Update 5/2/21 - Bounce and Porpoising - Especially Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright, i will ad a couple pennies to this scenario. i have towed with many different vehicles mostly cars and equipment, not much camper yet. (the camper pictured was of my aunts, i was helping to move after she lost her truck) i have pulled the same combination with most of them so have an apples to apples load comparison amongst them. and with varying loads on them from light to maybe a little more than it should be. but bottom line is they all had basic control and handling similar to each other. a trailer with a load is a trailer with a load ( when loaded similarly)

sure there are stiffness differences among them but that is more a comfort thing than control and handling in my experience. the one that made a very notable difference is a dually and its ability to not let a trailer have as much "wiggle" input as the rear is more side to side stable.

the only times i have had issues was usually due to improper loading/balance or something mechanically wrong with truck or trailer.

i am guessing your issue lies in the truck esp being the trailer is confirmed decent with other vehicles.

in a few days i plan to make the longest haul with my burb since i got it ( not the heaviest, but longest) and i have does this trip several times with varying loads and have about 98% certinty of what to expect. (aside form the power bump of 8.1)

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update 5/2/21

Front shocks were shot - replaced with the Bilstein 4600s, also replaced the first Timbren’s with the replacement pair they sent. So far much better, will dial in WDH next weekend but feel these 2 items will go along way to fixing the issue. Pics for reference - original shocks vs. replacements and the new vs. old Timbrens. Will complete update after getting the WDH set up and giving it a test drive next weekend. Thanks again for all the input. View attachment 278168View attachment 278169View attachment 278170View attachment 278171

Yeah.....those shocks look totally and literally depressed. That would cause bouncing in the front.

Those Timbren things look cool...very easy to install. Is there a spring rate associated with those?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011