[Update 04/07] 2006 Yukon Denali Winter Beater [SOLD]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before my mods, my 4.8 Tahoe topped out at 97, that was with the gps on. I've had it to 127--with the gps. Was still pulling hard when I let up. Lol, just sayin....:)

haha nice. the 4.8L is one of the only GM engines I haven't owned yet

the fastest I've ever gone was about 130 in the GXP, but I got so scared about getting pulled over and getting reckless driving, so I try not to make a habit of it

yesterday I was on i65N and it was wide open with nobody around and an Impala SS wanted to do some pulls, so I figured I'd try it out with the Denali lol

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
haha nice. the 4.8L is one of the only GM engines I haven't owned yet

the fastest I've ever gone was about 130 in the GXP, but I got so scared about getting pulled over and getting reckless driving, so I try not to make a habit of it

yesterday I was on i65N and it was wide open with nobody around and an Impala SS wanted to do some pulls, so I figured I'd try it out with the Denali lol
How'd you do? I HAD the 4.8 and went to the 6.0.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn dude.... I’ve never driven mine above 85ish. Lol. I know with mine I can top it out at 120 as that’s what Justin set in my tune. And I decided that was more than fast enough for me haha.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not bad for a 5000 lb + suv.

Yep :)

to me the Denali feels a lot more powerful than the GXP (3600lb car with 5.3L v8)

when you stomp on the Denali, you feel shoved back into the seat

when you stomp on the GXP, you have to hold the steering wheel with both hands to prevent torque spin, but it doesn't really give you that "fast" feeling

damn dude.... I’ve never driven mine above 85ish. Lol. I know with mine I can top it out at 120 as that’s what Justin set in my tune. And I decided that was more than fast enough for me haha.

haha, I have about a 30 minute highway commute to work each day, and when I get out in the afternoon I let a rip

usually have the cruise set around 85 MPH unless I'm racing

I always try to find fun stuff to race, but we're kind of in the middle of nowhere so you don't see a lot of fast vehicles

and since I've yet to get any sort of ticket, speeding, tint, or other, I feel confident that at least my first time will be a warning

knock on wood

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

to me the Denali feels a lot more powerful than the GXP (3600lb car with 5.3L v8)

when you stomp on the GXP, you have to hold the steering wheel with both hands to prevent torque spin, but it doesn't really give you that "fast" feeling

haha, I have about a 30 minute highway commute to work each day, and when I get out in the afternoon I let a rip

I always try to find fun stuff to race, but we're kind of in the middle of nowhere so you don't see a lot of fast vehicles

and since I've yet to get any sort of ticket, speeding, tint, or other, I feel confident that at least my first time will be a warning

knock on wood
Had to watch out for cops.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score

knock on wood
When I roll through the SoCal freeways I set my cruise to like.... 70.... lol. Occasionally like Saturday night when I rolled home from a close family’s friends place in Orange County, on the freeway that has the toll lane, which I have an account for, I set it to 75 cuz I wanted to get home to mountains a little quicker. But that’s pushing it for me haha. On the flip side to that thought though.... the mountain roads are were I can jam pretty good. Especially late at night. The back side the mountain highway is awesome. Long stretched out curves that are all banked properly. One small section of twisty narrow curves and that’s pretty much it. Where most people come up the mountain average 40 or so on that road, I’m averaging 60 or 65 because my Denali will ride super smooth and handles the curves really well! Hah.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whelp we're back into the 30s and 40s daily, and supposed to have snow Friday, so I need to get this beast up and running

tried to avoid using the big ole heaters, and got creative...

I'm liking the blacked out rims a lot more, just need to replace those ugly silver mirror pieces

hopefully still this weekend I will:

1) run all my power and ground wires
2) big 3 upgrade
4) install new door panels

still waiting on my personal doors, boxes, and pillars to be built. I don't think the guy has even had time to start them yet :oops:

once I clean out the third garage stall, it'll probably be time to store the GXP and start dailying this one

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14