[Update 04/07] 2006 Yukon Denali Winter Beater [SOLD]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally managed to pick up a suitable winter truck last night.

Yukon Denali 6L AWD with 180k miles. $4800 out the door with basically brand new BF Goodrich A/T Tires.

After having owned only 4WD vehicles, I was a little skeptical about winter with AWD, but research let me to believe that it won't be a huge difference.

So here we are:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm probably forgetting some things.

Wanting to run LED bulbs this time as well since I have them on my Grand Prix currently and it makes a huge difference.

Since these are 17" OEM rims I want to swap them out with the old Police PPV rims, which I'm trying to find a set of for around $100

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you got a hell of a deal on that!

Honestly if it were not for the tires (which I value around $700) I wouldn't have even looked at it.

To me, it's a lot of money for 180k miles lol.

Looks just like mine. I just turned $96K on my 2004. The AWD is great in the snow and rain.

You've still got a baby then :)

My only previous experience in a Denali was my mom's which during rain SUCKS, because the traction control will just stop you in the middle of intersections

so I'll have to look into that and see what it is.

also I'm not a fan of the air compressor rear suspension setup, but we may modify that... heh

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly if it were not for the tires (which I value around $700) I wouldn't have even looked at it.

To me, it's a lot of money for 180k miles lol.

You've still got a baby then :)

My only previous experience in a Denali was my mom's which during rain SUCKS, because the traction control will just stop you in the middle of intersections

so I'll have to look into that and see what it is.

also I'm not a fan of the air compressor rear suspension setup, but we may modify that... heh

This is my second one. I had a 2002 XL as well. I’ve never had any issues with either one. The only time I ever had the TC come on was when I was playing in the snow. I’ve always run Michelin’s, I’m sure that makes a difference.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your 2006 Yukon Denali is one awesome winter beater!

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my second one. I had a 2002 XL as well. I’ve never had any issues with either one. The only time I ever had the TC come on was when I was playing in the snow. I’ve always run Michelin’s, I’m sure that makes a difference.

my mom and I have both had issues with TC in the rain on her vehicle, I wonder if maybe something failed in hers

Your 2006 Yukon Denali is one awesome winter beater!

haha yeah, I'm already contemplating selling my GXP and just sticking to the truck.... I miss having a big vehicle

Nice score. Let the mods begin.

ask and you shall receive:D

I pulled an old Z71 rack I had lying around, and started spray painting it:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures of the rack came out weird due to the sun light

also, I used gloss spray paint which was a big mistake. I'll have to pull it off and redo it matte eventually

I have about $900 worth of other stuff sitting in my eBay cart, just waiting until I get an 8% or 10% off coupon to pull the trigger on

Last edited: