[Update 04/07] 2006 Yukon Denali Winter Beater [SOLD]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
unfortunately it was night time already, but I'll get more pics tomorrow

View attachment 214975
View attachment 214976

really loving how they look

I believe they sit 1.25" further out from the truck roughly.

I wanted to do -12mm offset, but it only came in 9" rims, and my tires weren't rated for that. Could I have done it? probably. did I want to risk anything? nah

-31 to 0 would be 1.22", but you gotta count the smaller room size, too, since you went from 8.5 to 8, so that's another 1/4 back in. You should be right at 1" farther out by the math. Looks killer.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great output shots.

As seen from my poverty iPhone 7.

haha maybe it's time to start ending all of my work emails with "sent from my poverty iPhone 7+".

I'm working on trying to edit some before and after footage to demonstrate just how bad the LEDs were, but I'm not having a ton of success

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't figure out how to splice clips together to show the LEDS / HIDS side by side like in the pics, but here are some individual videos

I would suggest turning the sound down / off, because it's either me talking to people or music

LEDs on a normal night:

LED low visiblity snow night:

HID on a normal night:

hopefully we'll get some more treacherous white out conditions, but I think it's actually supposed to be like 50 degrees with no snow all week :(

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did my 2nd retrofit

turns out the H1 7.1 is VERY different from the H1 7.0, and this new kit turned 12 hours into less than 2

waiting for sealant to dry over night and then I'll get them installed and tested

also making a YouTube how to guide because it's so simple, but there are no good guides online

Last edited:

chevrok333

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
did my 2nd retrofit

turns out the H1 7.1 is VERY different from the H1 7.0, and this new kit turned 12 hours into less than 2

waiting for sealant to dry over night and then I'll get them installed and tested

also making a YouTube how to guide because it's so simple, but there are no good guides online

Nice work. Can’t wait to see the vid. Can you post a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844