[Update 04/07] 2006 Yukon Denali Winter Beater [SOLD]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up for pics of the new tires/wheels upgrade.

haha I meant to do it earlier but this gawddamn weather man

supposed to get another 11" by Monday

anyways, went from default Denali 8.5" rims w/ +31mm offset, to Moto Metal 970s on 8" rims w/ +0mm offset

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately it was night time already, but I'll get more pics tomorrow

really loving how they look

I believe they sit 1.25" further out from the truck roughly.

I wanted to do -12mm offset, but it only came in 9" rims, and my tires weren't rated for that. Could I have done it? probably. did I want to risk anything? nah

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks better and picks up the paint better. Enjoy that snow man. I’ll live vicariously. Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those wheels look great on the truck man :)

Damn that looks good. :boobs:

Honestly a cowl induction hood would be nasty on there:hmm:

thanks :) they're really common wheels, so I wasn't sure how I would like looking like everyone else, but I think my truck is unique enough having the brush guard, Z71 rack, flags, no running board, etc.

I think I might sell this set and go for the -12MM offset and get different tires, or maybe do 0.25" spacers all around... I really want it look a bit more stanced.

I've been searching around for a cowl hood, but haven't found anything within 8 hours drive for under $300.

right now I'm working on retrofitting my lights, should have some big updates here shortly

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright boys and girls

after about 8 hours the last two days, with my dad's help, we finally got the HID retrofits in

as you may be able to see, if you're familiar with retrofits, we have them placed in the wrong housing (left light to right left)

which is causing the hi-beam to be upside down, and putting the brights below the low beams

I'm also having an issue where when I go to engage the brights full time (push the steering wheel stalk forward) it just turns off all of my lights

not sure what that is about yet

Last edited:

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures of the rack came out weird due to the sun light

also, I used gloss spray paint which was a big mistake. I'll have to pull it off and redo it matte eventually

View attachment 207999
View attachment 208000

then, I had some of the Suburban sized flag decals left that I never used on my last vehicle:

View attachment 208004
View attachment 208001
View attachment 208003

I have about $900 worth of other stuff sitting in my eBay cart, just waiting until I get an 8% or 10% off coupon to pull the trigger on

Nice work! I just did decal today,

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/rear-cargo-drawer-build-pictures.109067/page-8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne